Webend not working on wdlxtv-live

General WDLXTV-Live forum

Webend not working on wdlxtv-live   

Postby apwood » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:20 am

I realised that youtube is no longer working so needed to use the webend to download the new USMP plugin for youtube.

But every page, even the home page either fails to load or takes ages. I can sometimes get to the home page, but can never get into the wdlxtv config or add-ons manager. Also the telnet client within the webend fails saying that it's using out of date java.

I've tried all the following in turn without success:

1. Switched from my pocket router (wifi) connection to a LAN cable connected directly to my router.
2. Rebooted the router (Netgear DGN2200v1) and my windows PC.
3. Setup a static ip address for wdtv in wdtv and my router
4. Disabled my antivirus and firewall
5. Reset wdtv to factory settings and removed /conf then rebooted
6. Rebooted (successfully) with a new firmware on usb stick - 1.05.04_V_WDLXTV.COM_EXT3-BOOT_LIVE-0.5.2.2

The wdtv live can access content on the local network and over the internet, and playing media files is working fine. I just can't configure anything.

The only thing I haven't done is tried re-flashing the firmware (though I have rebooted with non-flash firmware).

What should I do next? Could my wdtv box be faulty? - I haven't used it for a long while
Adrian Wood
WDTV Live v1
FW Base: 1.05.04
WDLXTV-Live-0.5.1.1
apwood
WDTVer

Re: Webend not working on wdlxtv-live   

Postby apwood » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:09 am

Just after posting this decided, on the off-chance, to try accessing the webend via my android device. It's working fine in there (except the telnet client).

So what could be causing my Windows 7 PC to fail, despite disabling antivirus and firewall?
Adrian Wood
WDTV Live v1
WDLXTV-Live-0.5.1.1
apwood
WDTVer

Postby mad_ady » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:42 am

You're the second person to report slow usage of the webend. So far it looks like the newer browsers (Internet Explorer?) have issues with the pages. The pages usually take a long time to load, because they have a lot of data to retrieve.

Also, Youtube3 might be broken at the moment, but please try it out and let me know. I need to find some time to take a look and fix it...
mad_ady
Developer

Postby apwood » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:46 pm

Yes youtube3 seems broken for me. I have problems with the webend in both chrome (latest version) and internet explorer 11.
Adrian Wood
WDTV Live v1
WDLXTV-Live-0.5.1.1
apwood
WDTVer

Postby stonerolling » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:42 am

I have the same problem too. After submitting user name and password none of my Windows 10 browsers can load WebEnd page. I've tryed with Chrome, Firefox, Edge and my favorite K-Meleon.
stonerolling
n00b

Return to Discussion