I've got a brand new WD TV Live with the original firmware 1.05.18 and I've got a problem updating the firmware. Actually, my WD TV Live doesn't see the update or just does not pick it up or skips it.
I've spent quite a few hours on this and am about on the verge of just returning the damn thing to the store.
This is what I've tried already and it still didn't work:
- did a hard format of the USB stick(s); tried both FAT16 and FAT32
- copied all the files from the zipped firmware file; also tried with copying only .fff, .ver and .bin files to the USB
- always safely removed the USB stick out of the PC
- killed any internet connections on the WD TV Live
- turned the WD TV Live off by pulling the power plug out every time
- always tried both USB port
- didn't have anything connected to the other USB port
- changed the version in the wdtvlive.ver to a newer than my existing on the WD TV Live
- tried multiple USB sticks
- tried adding _V after the version number (VERSION='1.09.02_V
- even tried different versions of the firmware (0.4.7.3 and 0.5.1.1)
What I've noticed, however, is that the serial number for my device starts with WNC422....., not WDBAA like it's suggested for WD TV Live devices on your Board. I'm not sure if it means anything but you never know with these things.
Anyway, if anyone has any idea as to what I might try that I haven't already or what might the problem be, please let me know.
Thanx, in advanced, for all your inputs and help.