1.05.04_V-WDLXTV-Live-0.5.1.1 discussion

General WDLXTV-Live forum

1.05.04_V-WDLXTV-Live-0.5.1.1 discussion   

Postby b-rad.cc » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:31 pm

Due to a string of unfortunate events before I left the country for two months a public offering of this was never made fully available. I just noticed it now and have corrected that mistake.

Sorry about the delay, a newer version is being worked on atm too...so there should be a another present by christmas :mrgreen:

Download here

Enjoy :ugeek:
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Re: 1.05.04_V-WDLXTV-Live-0.5.1.1 discussion   

Postby wongnog » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:30 pm

Yeaaah! I love presents!!! :P
wongnog
WDTVer

Postby essoG » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:07 am

wongnog wrote:Yeaaah! I love presents!!! :P

I love Santa and................... b-rad ! :lol:
- Never Drive Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly -
essoG
DLX'er

Postby hombre » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:16 pm

Big, big thanks :)
hombre
n00b

Postby Mopheus » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:16 pm

Hi, first I'd like to say THANKS for another GREAT update ! The new firmware looks outstanding.

For me everything seems to work fine except for 1 thing. Everytime I power down the device (stand-by with the remote, not full power down), when the device comes back alive It does not show my USB drive connected.

After doing some tests, it seems like when the usb drive is connected and I shut the device down with my remote control, the device does no longer show up and I also cannot enter to the device through the web page, when I try to access it thourgh the webpage it only shows and index page....

The only way to fix it is to fully reboot the device. Then everything come backs to normal till I send it to stdby and the problem come backs again.

Any ideas what could be the problem ? Anyone else having this problem ?

By the way, I tried using DEEP SLEEP mode and not, both generate the same problem.

Thanks again for a GREAT firmware update, even with this problems new options are OUTSTANDING ! (Even if they make me standup and reset the device manually... jejeje)
Mopheus
WDTVer

Postby recliq » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:03 pm

When you use USB_POWER_OFF you have to EJECT the device before sending the WDTV to sleep.
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby Mopheus » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:09 pm

I just realized that 2 minutes ago Relicq ! But this wasn't like that before. Any chances to go back to the old ways ? :)

It's pretty anoying to have to eject everytime you send the device to sleep and I don't really feel confortable keeping my disk alive.

What do you think ?

Thanks !
Mopheus
WDTVer

Postby recliq » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:11 pm

No, because it was wrong before or power off didn't work atall.
You have to eject the drive because when you cut the usb power the drive will be gone, without ejecting this can cause a corrupt filesystem.
The alternative is to leave the usb bus powered.
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby triNinja » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:36 pm

I have a problem: I put the custom fw on a USB stick, put it into the WD HD TV Live and started the update. Well and then....I'm stuck at 0% for 3 hours now and no update is going on and I'm really frigtend that my WD won't boot up, if I will just reboot it with power on/off.

Any ideas/suggestions? I was on stock 1.06.xx fw until today, because I had some trouble in with the cfw last time I used it.

Forget about it, just rebooted and disconnected any USB drives and LAN expect the USB stick witht he update. Now it worked. ^^
triNinja
n00b

Postby Chrisse » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:01 pm

Hello, I just upgraded from the 1.03.49 baseFW to this 1.05.04 - 0.5.1.1 firmware. I did this because I wanted to use the autores functionality (http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/Difference_between_BaseFW).

But now I have no clue how to activate it. In the config options file I turned on the function "AUTORES=ON". but that doesn't seem to work(no visual difference in panning motion, or LED's that go out) I also downloaded and installed the autores plugin (http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=897&hilit=autores) but that also doesn't work.

Can anyone give me a hand?

thx!
Chrisse
n00b

Next

Return to Discussion