WDLXTV-Live-0.4.2.1 discussion thread

General WDLXTV-Live forum

Re: WDLXTV-Live-0.4.2.1 discussion thread   

Postby benekli » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi

I am using EXT3-BOOT_LIVE-0.4.2.1 with .rootFS, and updated my box via svn to build 238, mainly to fix rtorrent problems. Rtorrent seems to be doing much better ;) (runs without errors, even I still couldn't manage to download something) but there is another problem: I don't know if I should add this as a bug or not (since it is still not 0.4.2.2 ) but the problem is, when the box is restarted, rtorrent tries to check the existing downloads. So, it consumes majority of the CPU (I've seen 91.5% CPU time from top) which dramatically drops the response time of the box. Since it is a long process (line 10 - 15 minutes per 6GB torrent file) and performed for each and every download. When rtorrent finishes checking, CPU usage is b/w 0.8 to 3.3, normal boundaries and also releases pretty big amount of mem as well.

Btw, another problem that I've also figured out is, S96rtorrent init script does not run if dropbear is not running (e.g. SSH is disabled in S00config-options). I may missed it, but from the documentation around, I didn't see any warning about SSH for rtorrent as well.
benekli
n00b

Postby b-rad.cc » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:41 pm

it will give you an error message if you look in the bug report in the webend. I've added a note about it to S00custom-options now though.

I've changed the rtorrent.rc quite a bit, trying to better optimize it using settings from old wdtv for hashing & caching. I think its a lot better now. To start fresh:
Code: Select all
rm /conf/rutorrent* /conf/rtorrent.rc
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby Smoker » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:29 pm

I've just upgraded
from 1.01.24.WDLXTV_LIVE-0.4.1.9-6
to 1.02.21.WDLXTV_LIVE-0.4.2.1

I used to have .jpg's (covers) in my directories which showed just fine but now they don't.

Each was about 40kb and 282x400

Was there something I missed in the release notes ?
Admittedly there were alot of notes from previous version to this one and I might of missed something.

:EDIT: ummmm if this has to do with the moviesheets can someone point me to a very simple explanation ? I've tried understanding the notes and it just doesn't make sense to me.
Smoker
n00b

Previous

Return to Discussion