WDLXTV-Live-0.4.2.1 discussion thread

General WDLXTV-Live forum

Re: WDLXTV-Live-0.4.2.1 discussion thread   

Postby Wad2002 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:03 am

Good work Brad - Going to test it out night. I currently have squirrel's 1.3 enlightenment which caused some controversy on the forum.

Can anyone provide a easy walkthought guide on install the plugins into the device. I have looked a the USMP/ proxy sections for a while, but TBH, the coding (creating a file) looks above my head...any help would be great.

Checked out Brad's release notes, but can't seem to find the plugin FAQ

Cheers
Wad2002
WDTVer

Postby XQYZ » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:48 am

Is rutorrent actually working for anybody? Seems broken to me.
It spits out this on it's log:
Code: Select all
[03.08.2010 11:40:04] rTorrent is compiled with incorrect version of xmlrpc-c library, without i8 support. Version must be >= 1.11. Some functionality will be unavailable.
[03.08.2010 11:40:06] Bad response from server: (500 [error,list]) <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <html><head> <title>500 Internal Server Error</title> </head><body> <h1>Internal Server Error</h1> <p>The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.</p> <p>Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.</p> <p>More information about this error may be available in the server error log.</p> <hr> <address>Apache/2.2.15 (Debian) PHP/5.3.2-1 with Suhosin-Patch mod_scgi/1.13 Server at 192.168.178.77 Port 80</address> </body></html>

and logs this:
Code: Select all
[03.08.10 09:39:35] <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><methodCall><methodName>to_kb</methodName><params>
<param><value><i8>1024</i8></value></param>
</params></methodCall>
[03.08.10 09:39:35] Status: 200 OK
Content-Type: text/xml
Content-Length: 370

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<methodResponse>
<fault>
<value><struct>
<member><name>faultCode</name>
<value><i4>-503</i4></value></member>
<member><name>faultString</name>
<value><string>Call XML not a proper XML-RPC call.  Unknown value type -- XML element is named &lt;i8&gt;</string></value></member>
</struct></value>
</fault>
</methodResponse>

Also instead of this white interface I have a weird black background.
XQYZ
n00b

Postby juliojs » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:57 am

Thank you brad, impessive work, as usual. ;)
Image Android app-> WDTV MediaPlayers Remote
WDTV blog (Spanish)-> wdtv-osdmod.blogspot.com
juliojs
OSD Themer

Postby RavRob » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:35 am

I can not play movie over the network shares. I can play music and images but no movies. It goes to the blue wheel and keeps going in circle for ever. Tried several times.
Windows 10
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
Kodi - The Future of Television
RavRob
Supporter

Postby psychodad » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:54 am

did you enable autores? if so, disable it and try again. what network connection do you have?
psychodad
Developer

Postby KevinSartori » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:26 am

I'm in the same boat, videos won't play with the new firmware. I'm using net.mounts to windows shares, which worked fine with the previous firmware. I was using the autores app with the previous firmware and that worked fine as well.

I've tried disabling autores (with config_tool -c AUTORES=OFF in S00custom-options) but videos still don't play. Is there a debug file I can get to with WinSCP to post here?

One other little quirk I've noticed with movie sheets is that if the folder contains an apostrophe ( ' ) character, it won't show the movie sheet while browsing folders, but displays it fine once you've entered the folder and are browsing the contents. Then again, the files in the folder don't have an apostrophe character, so it may not work at the file level either.
KevinSartori
n00b

Postby b-rad.cc » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:54 am

bugs go in bugs forum please

feel free to mention them here, but i guarantee you they will be forgotten about if they aren't in the proper area ;)

@XQYZ: rtorrent & rutorrent work for me in FF, I've had a handful running solid the last few days to make sure. and i don't like the white theme so there is a black theme installed instead.

@juliojs: want to finally commit your theme, so you have the import credit in the SVN and not me? ;)

@Wad2002: UMSP plugins are all grabbed from svn and you have them all, in addition there are multiple mechanisms to supply your own plugins now. Ask in the UMSP section. It is dead simple.

& no, two level thumbs isn't fixed. My code to fix it works perfectly fine, but WDTVExt has bugs that prevent it from working. As soon as those bugs are fixed, then two level thumbs will be back and looking better than they ever did stock.
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby simplytb » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:37 am

Thanks again, b-rad!
Very, very nice work.

SimplyTB
simplytb
WDTVer

Postby KAD » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:54 am

Wad2002 wrote:Good work Brad - Going to test it out night. I currently have squirrel's 1.3 enlightenment which caused some controversy on the forum.

Can anyone provide a easy walkthought guide on install the plugins into the device. I have looked a the USMP/ proxy sections for a while, but TBH, the coding (creating a file) looks above my head...any help would be great.

Checked out Brad's release notes, but can't seem to find the plugin FAQ

Cheers

here you go

1. note you need a thumbdrive or other drive plugged in directly to the wdtv live
2. if using windows go to start menu and in search field type "cmd"
3. run the cmd.exe that is found
4. type "mkdir .wdtvext-plugins" enter
5. close cmd propt and see your folder will be located under your user
6. download whichever plugins you like from plugins section
7. unzip downloaded plugin
8. place extracted plugin inside the .wdtvext-plugins folder you created
9. place .wdtvext-plugins on thumbdrive with any plugins inside that folder
10. connect thumbdrive to wdtvlive & reboot
11.now you should have the option to enable plugins from the wdtvlive onscreen menu
12. enable your plugins and reboot (yes again)
13. see your plugins are now working, :D

maybe later I thought I'd write something up on how to edit the autores.conf for those that need it, we'll see if I get time later today

KAD
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby NoSubstitute » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:12 am

I use NFS, with a usbstick constantly inserted, and therefore don't use the Network Share menu to play movies.

Playing movies over NFS (linked in Local Drives) works just fine.
There is No Substitute!
NoSubstitute
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion