WDLXTV-Live-0.4.2.1 discussion thread

General WDLXTV-Live forum

WDLXTV-Live-0.4.2.1 discussion thread   

Postby b-rad.cc » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:54 pm

Heres my writeup: http://b-rad.cc/1249/wdlxtv-live-0-4-2-1/

It contains info on most of the new bits, well all that I could remember at least--its freakin monstrous.

Download there -> http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1195

Discuss here :ugeek:
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Re: WDLXTV-Live-0.4.2.1 discussion thread   

Postby silvio » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:13 pm

Wow.. thats an absolutely insane amount of release info.. do you think you could have incremented the version by more than 0.0.0.1 ? ;)
silvio
n00b

Postby omontero » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:34 pm

Cant download. it says: You must be logged in to download this file. and I'm logged in. Anyway incredible release. funds coming for brad!!!!
omontero
Donor

Postby b-rad.cc » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:38 pm

you must be logged into wdlxtv.com, not just the forum. ;)

@silvio: yeh i could've bumped the version higher, but then there'd be a missing link. I'm sure there will be a handful of maintenance releases to follow with relatively minimal patching to accomodate. :lol:
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby deepblack » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:22 pm

omontero wrote: funds coming for brad!!!!

indeed!!!
awesome realase, thanks a lot!!! :) installing right now!
deepblack
n00b

Postby KAD » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:28 pm

first off awesome job b-rad and all our developers, we appreciate your work

1. force HDMI I believe config tool is config_tool -c FORCEHDMI=ON
but how do I force 1080P for 480 content or other with the app.bin version of autores there was a .conf file that could be edited
can we do the same with this version - line from autores.conf was
*:1080p60|1080p50|1080p24|1080p23|1080i60|1080i50|720p60|720p50|576p50|576i50|480p60|480i60
we would simply remove the undesired resolutions
can I add this to the custom options or ...?

2.how do I enable pychothc osd mod, I understand it's in the svn, but how to download or integrate, or maybe there's a config tool I don't know about

3.wdtvext plugins - I created a folder called wdtvext-plugins and for starters just put my weather plugin inside but honestly can't figure out how to get it to work??

4.web front end authentication. I've changed my password, but is it possible to change the user id as well??

KAD
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby b-rad.cc » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:47 pm

1) FORCEHDMI is not AUTORES. With FORCEHDMI you use the osd to set whatever resolution you desire. With AUTORES, you either don't do anything and everything is scaled to 1080pXX or you edit /conf/autores.conf

2) I've spent every minute pretty much the last 4 days putting the finishing touches on this. I'll get the OSD integrated releases out in the next day or so...right now i sleep. :ugeek:

3) read the message in reloader better ;) its .wdtvext-plugins --- note the 'dot'

4) yeh its possible to do if you telnet/ssh in and do it manually, but you won't be able to change that users pw using the pw change page.
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby KAD » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:08 pm

thanks for the quick reply, definetley take a rest it's well deserved

good to know the difference on forceHDMI and autores, I'll just have to edit via ssh then as a quick test showed dvd backups played at 480

as for the reloader my first try was to include a . dot , but windows would not allow creation of a folder starting with a . dot
there's gotta be a work around in windows?? ;) let me think, if I come up with something I post my results

EDIT: in windows run CMD and type mkdir .wdtvext-plugins
this will create the directory needed for plugins under the user name, you can then move it anywhere needed

thanks
KAD
Last edited by KAD on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby deepblack » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:28 pm

hey, just a question
#no thumbs in first two levels of local folders view
is this working now? :( it seems i have the same issue here
deepblack
n00b

Postby KAD » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:31 pm

deepblack wrote:hey, just a question
#no thumbs in first two levels of local folders view
is this working now? :( it seems i have the same issue here

I don't think this was fixed, it wasn't listed as fixed, I know of at least 2 attempts to fix this that were unsuccessful, and thumbs don't show for me as well

KAD
KAD
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Discussion