File folders (nOOb)

The place for n00b questions, anything goes...no n00b too n00bish.

File folders (nOOb)   

Postby wagaboo » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:11 am

Hi all :)
I have the live plus and was wondering if folders can be used to organize and play video content or do the files belong in root only.
Also can videos be deleted from the box via the box after watching?
Thanks for offering a noob some simple help :)
wagaboo
n00b

Re: File folders (nOOb)   

Postby kroetkroet » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:48 am

No
No

Good luck!
KK
WDLXTV-fan! - In case you need further assistance: read our WIKI, search our Forum and most of all: donate 'something' to b-rad for his great efforts!!!
kroetkroet
Beta Tester

Re: File folders (nOOb)   

Postby ebo » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:40 am

The Live Plus has no problem navigating file folders to find media to play. I don't recall if official firmware or WDLXTV have file deletion capability built in but the UMSP plugin TroNik Player does, provided you have write rights to the file. That's usually true for directly attached USB drives but often false for network shares.

TroNik Player also avoids a shortcoming of the file navigation in both official and WDLXTV firmwares. By default, the WDTV shows only folders that had media in or below them when the WDTV was last rebooted or a USB drive was connected. If files were added on a network share (at least using NFS; I haven't tried Samba) the WDTV often won't show them. TroNik Player shows what's in the folders now.
ebo
Donor

Return to n00b central