I might have discovered something..

The place for n00b questions, anything goes...no n00b too n00bish.

I might have discovered something..   

Postby jomjom79 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:11 pm

Hello there again! Been awhile!

Been using my gen 3 now for a good twoishsomething years and just recently its been acting up abit..

It started hanging up and rebooting every now and then without any apparent reason. Tried just about everything from total resets to leaving it without the chassis thinking it might be overheating but it didnt do any good. Was looking over the PCB a few months ago thinking i should try and install a heatsink to check if that did any good then i saw the internal CR2032 battery.. Took it out and tried to find a fresh one in my pile of crap in the closet but couldnt locate one so i put the old one back and yeah. 4-5 days without any problems.. Then it started hanging up again.

It uses a CR2032H battery meaning it is rechargeable so i tried to find one online at a reasonable price but no.. Well Deal Extreme had a few but im kinda wary about batteries coming from that source. So i bought a bog standard CR2032 at the local shop and installed it.

Been running for about two months now even with the chassis on. No issues whatsoever..

Might this be a solution to some of the strange hangups and hickups that people are experiencing with these players? Its atleast something to try out as its cheap

Jomjom79
jomjom79
DLX'er

Re: I might have discovered something..   

Postby kroetkroet » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:56 am

Thanks for sharing!
WDLXTV-fan! - In case you need further assistance: read our WIKI, search our Forum and most of all: donate 'something' to b-rad for his great efforts!!!
kroetkroet
Beta Tester

Return to n00b central