AAC 5.1 Issue Since Upgrading From Stock (WDLXTV-Plus)

The place for n00b questions, anything goes...no n00b too n00bish.

AAC 5.1 Issue Since Upgrading From Stock (WDLXTV-Plus)   

Postby orty » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:34 pm

Pardon a newbie question, hopefully this is fixable so I don't have to re-encode a bunch of files. I was on the latest stock firmware (1.06 something). I've recently moved all my media to a NAS and wanted to upgrade to WDLXTV to improve and tweak network performance. Network performance has improved significantly, but for some reason files encoded with AAC 5.1 won't play properly, while they played before (AAC 2.0 works fine). I have my WDTV Live Plus' optical connection connected to my receiver, all over files work fine, AC3 5.1 files work fine. But AAC 5.1 files don't have audio (video works fine).

Am I missing something simple and stupid here? I wouldn't be surprised if I am :-).
orty
n00b

Re: AAC 5.1 Issue Since Upgrading From Stock (WDLXTV-Plus)   

Postby mad_ady » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:51 pm

I am not familiar with 1.06's changelog, but they had a bunch of fixes. Try to see if you get audio in the following ways: via HDMI, via composite. Also check the audio section of the settings in the OSD. If nothing works, then most likely you need a fix that only exists in 1.06 - which hasn't been converted to wdlxtv due to a sever lack of time and man-power.
mad_ady
Developer

Re: AAC 5.1 Issue Since Upgrading From Stock (WDLXTV-Plus)   

Postby orty » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:14 am

I'm pretty sure that I was able to watch those files in 1.05x (stock) as well, but I'll see what I can figure out. If I find any thing out of use, I'll report back.
orty
n00b

Return to n00b central