Gen 3 and 'Telnet Client' issues in web interface

The place for n00b questions, anything goes...no n00b too n00bish.

Gen 3 and 'Telnet Client' issues in web interface   

Postby flyhiguy85 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:40 pm

Good evening,

I have WDLXTV-Gen3 and I've got everything run correctly as far as I know on 0.1.6. The issue I'm having is within the web interface itself. I have successfully Telnet'd and SSH'd in to the WDTV via PuTTY, but I'm not able to do so with the web interface. When I click on 'Telnet Client' i get the following:

Has anyone else ran into this before? I have completely exited out of my anti-malware program as well as completely disabled windows firewall....still no luck on being able to connect. I have also updated Java so I know that's not it....I don't think anyways.

Additionally, when I click on 'wd-webend' I get a 'Server not found' page. Any clue as to what I'm doing wrong? I thought I had read through every wiki and multiple threads, tried a few different things, but still having these issues. Any help would be awesome!
flyhiguy85
n00b

Re: Gen 3 and 'Telnet Client' issues in web interface   

Postby KAD » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:49 pm

as for telnet on the webend, it is indeed a java applet, generally it will not run unless you specifically allow it in your java security settings, or you turn off java security

as for wd-webend, have you set an IP address for the second webend
did you try clicking the configure icon for that item, it turns red when highlighted, what does it tell you
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby flyhiguy85 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:18 pm

KAD wrote:as for telnet on the webend, it is indeed a java applet, generally it will not run unless you specifically allow it in your java security settings, or you turn off java security

as for wd-webend, have you set an IP address for the second webend
did you try clicking the configure icon for that item, it turns red when highlighted, what does it tell you

KAD,

Thanks for the quick reply! You were correct on the second issue, I just had not entered an IP for the second webend....that being said should I set that IP as static in my router or just leave it? When I go in to my router and look at the connected devices the IP I used for the second webend is not showing up under DHCP....I just don't want any other devices to possible take that address....hopefully that made sense....

As for the Java issue I'm having, I've tried using Firefox and IE. I read that in Firefox you can no longer turn off Java security, you can only do 'Ask to Activate.' Do you have any suggestions so I could get this part up and running properly?

Thanks again!!
flyhiguy85
n00b

Postby KAD » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:55 pm

for the 2nd IP address, you could choose to set it as static if you like, whatever you prefer

as for the java telnet applet issue
java is partially controlled by the browser, but I'm on firefox and telnet applet does work

but I first have to go to my OS, on this PC running win7
under the start menu, if I type java
an option appears "Configure Java"
when I click on it's there's tons of java info, including a security tab
you can either add the WDLXTV site or change the other security settings
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Return to n00b central