[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Gen 3 Mods

Gen 3 Mods

The place for n00b questions, anything goes...no n00b too n00bish.

Gen 3 Mods   

Postby jchamblee » Mon May 12, 2014 6:10 pm

If this has been asked before I very sorry, however I have been lurking here for about a week and I can't find an answer.

I have 10 gen 3 units in an amusement park. I have them set to auto play and repeat all so in the event of a power outage the unit turns on and starts playing, when power is restored, I tried to make it dummy proof.

I upload new content as needed over the network.

My only problem is the spinning orange arrow between videos, its not really a problem just unsightly. Well any video overlay for that matter.

I thought I had found the answer when I found WDLXTV until I realized I had gen 3 (way to go WD not putting the complete name of your product in plain sight).

I know about the USB boot firmware but it makes me nervous that it would continue to work flawlessly, with out human interaction.

If you guys have any suggestions it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
jchamblee
n00b

Re: Gen 3 Mods   

Postby KAD » Mon May 12, 2014 8:04 pm

if all you need is to remove the spinning arrow

then you do not need WDLXTV

that would only require an custom theme

those are officially supported, just download the theme source, and change the xml's however you like
If you like my work please consider a Donation.
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions!
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby jchamblee » Tue May 13, 2014 3:53 am

Thanks KAD

Is it possible to pull the default theme from my box for customizing?
jchamblee
n00b

Postby KAD » Tue May 13, 2014 7:47 am

If you like my work please consider a Donation.
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions!
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby ActionJax » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:35 am

I'm curious about the same thing. I just posted my question in the Noob section. Can you be a bit more specific on what I'd need to do to get rid of the Spinning Arrow and audio info that pops up on the screen in between files that are played in succession? I have the new Gen3 WDTV wireless.

Thanks,

~Cheers!
ActionJax
n00b

Return to n00b central