Network shares "device is busy"

The place for n00b questions, anything goes...no n00b too n00bish.

Network shares "device is busy"   

Postby inewnoob » Fri May 18, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi all
I can´t access my samba shares. I´m using this firmware: 1.05.04_V.WDLXTV_LIVE-0.5.1.1 WDLXTV shows the server, but when trying to access it I get the following message "Das Gerät ist beschäftigt. Bitte versuchen sie es später erneut (The device is busy. Please try again later)" The log-in data was added correctly
The server´s log (Version 3.5.6) shows this although my username is not root.
Code: Select all
check_ntlm_password:  Authentication for user [root] -> [root] FAILED with error NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER
Also note that the server is a member of a windows domain (Windows 2008R2 DC). All other members of the domain can access the samba shares without problems.
I tried to view the samba log of the WDLXTV, but couldn´t find it.
Any help whatsoever is very welcomed.
inewnoob
n00b

Re: Network shares "device is busy"   

Postby recliq » Sat May 19, 2012 1:10 am

what does this give you?
smbclient -L <Server IP> -U <Valid user on Server>
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby inewnoob » Sat May 19, 2012 7:48 am

This is what I get.
creating lame upcase table
creating lame lowcase table
Enter wdbox's password:
Domain=[<Domain>] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.5.6]

Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (<samba server name>)
        <share1>        Disk     
        <Share2>        Disk     
Domain=[ALPHA] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.5.6]

Server               Comment
        ---------            -------
        <Server 1>
      <Server 2>
        <Samba Server>       <samba server name>
        <Server n>

Workgroup            Master
        ---------            -------
        <Domain>             <samba server name>
By the way netmount is working fine
inewnoob
n00b

Postby inewnoob » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:13 pm

Hi again

Since noone could help me with my problem, I chose to keep using netmounts, even though that wasn´t what I wanted. This seemed to work fine for a while. However, recently movie streaming is more and more often faulty. Symptoms are a slight stutter and loss of sound. This happens irregular and I failed to dedect any pattern other than that it seems to only affect dvd directories.
I checked the network and it works properly.
Again I´d like to look into the box´s log file, but I don´t know how to access it and/or how to enable it.
inewnoob
n00b

Postby recliq » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:44 am

box log is located in
/tmp/messages.txt
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby inewnoob » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Ok so I tried to view the box log, but it was empty. Then to see if it would make any difference I flashed an older base image (1.02.21WDLXTV-live0.5.1.1). This changed nothing. I then wanted to reset the box to default settings, but the option "settings (Einstellungen)- system settings (System Einstellungen)- reset to factory defaults(system zurücksetzen)" had no effect. Same for the reset button at the left side of the box. When I tried to log into the system (ssh/telnet) a new problem occcured. Now, how do I reset the box?
As for the faulty movie streamings: This problem only arises with DVD VOB files, not all of them though. Any ideas why that is anyone? The samba logs will be handed in as soon as I can get to them again
Also I considered moving this post to another category. However I´m unsure whichone is suitable as NittyGritty is probably way over my head.
inewnoob
n00b

Postby recliq » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:33 am

So you say /tmp/messages.txt is empty after the box booted up and you connected via telnet/ssh? That's not possible imho.
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby inewnoob » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:44 pm

recliq wrote:So you say /tmp/messages.txt is empty after the box booted up and you connected via telnet/ssh? That's not possible imho.

No,of course the log wasn´t completely empty. I referred to the previously described problems. With regard to those problems the log was empty. While booting the box logs something, but it contains only the normal things that are to be expected. And that log is to long to post it here. While streaming movies the box logs nothing no matter if the streaming is faulty or not. The only thing is that each time I enter a dvd directory the following message appears:
user.warn kernel: program dmaosd is using a deprecated SCSI ioctl, please convert it to SG_IO
The server log shows the opening and closing of the files within the dvd directory but nothing else.
Is there a way to increase the log level of the WDLXTV?

Concerning the original problem I have another question. Where can I find the user credentials of the remote smb shares?
inewnoob
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:10 am

You should look for dmaosd logs in /tmp/dmaosd.log. You can enable DMAOSD logging in the webend
mad_ady
Developer

Postby francozero » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:59 am

wow... i found like dozens of threads about this same problem.
i also have the same "device too busy" problem, but when i look at the (never ending) solutions i get a foul taste in my mouth.
and all that just to watch a movie on my wdtvlive, that happens to be on my laptop.

well, i have a very simple solution for this problem... copy the movie to a hdd, connected to the wdtvlive.
and voila... takes up like 30 secs and the problem is gone.

i know network shares should work, but it simply doesn't.
wouldn't life be sooo much more fun if manufacturers would make devices that actualy work without an einstein or a hawking present?
francozero
WDTVer

Return to n00b central