[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Unable to login as root

Unable to login as root

The place for n00b questions, anything goes...no n00b too n00bish.

Unable to login as root   

Postby NukeBomB3000 » Wed May 05, 2010 1:13 am

NukeBomB3000
n00b

Re: Unable to login as root   

Postby NukeBomB3000 » Wed May 05, 2010 8:12 am

B-rad figured it out! Thank you man!

The solution was to delete group, group-, passwd, passwd-, shadow and shadow- through Web frontend file manager, waiting 2 minutes and rebooting the device by unplugging.
NukeBomB3000
n00b

Postby matos » Fri May 07, 2010 2:33 pm

I have this same problem but I can't delete those files.
I can do nothing with user root because he hasn't permission to do anything.
B-rad, som help please.
When I telnet with user root I get a message that says "can't chdir to home directory '/home/root'".
What happened?
matos
DLX'er

Postby matos » Fri May 07, 2010 3:16 pm

Ok, I managed to work.
I had the 3 lines:
cd /
cp -f etc/passwd.orig /conf/passwd
cp -f etc/shadow.orig /conf/shadow
cp -f etc/group.orig /conf/group
to S00custom-options, alter the network to share wdtvlive but without security, rebooted and voila.
Thanks
matos
DLX'er

Postby wandering213 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:56 am

I believe I've run into the same problem. Though I haven't been able to resolve the issue based on what's described in this thread. Can someone list the steps explicitly? I may be missing something.
wandering213
n00b

Postby KAD » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:10 pm

well I'm not exactly sure, but you could also make a new directory in /conf I learned the hard way that wipes everything out, including my root password, etc sort of like starting fresh, but I'm sure there's a better way ;)
If you like my work please consider a Donation.
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions!
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby recliq » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:02 am

­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (, , ) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby buzzny » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:42 am

Ah...Telnet it & reboot.

Thanks!
WD TV Live
Dlink DSM520
(2)DNS321 Servers w/4Gigs
Dreambox DM7020
PlayOn
buzzny
n00b

Postby hankbum » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:26 am

I'm unable to telnet into my WDLXTV Live.

I've tried several suggestions here, lastly adding these lines to the S00custom/options on a fat32 stick ...

#!/bin/sh
cd /
cp -f /etc/passwd.orig /conf/passwd
cp -f /etc/shadow.orig /conf/shadow
cp -f /etc/group.orig /conf/group

and re-booting the device (pulling plug)

When I try to telnet into the WD, I am asked for login. I type root and <Enter>
Then a # symbol shows on the next line. I hit the <Enter> key and nothing happens.

Back on the login line, if I type something like root@192.168.1.73 and hit <Enter>, then passwork does show up on the next line, but If I hit <Enter> it says, "log-in incorrect"

About to tear my hair out! :cry:
hankbum
n00b

Postby genericuser » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:07 am

I hate to break to this too you, but the '#' is the root prompt :-)
genericuser
WDTVer

Next

Return to n00b central