[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Problem with NFS share on windows7 ultimate

Problem with NFS share on windows7 ultimate

The place for n00b questions, anything goes...no n00b too n00bish.

Re: Problem with NFS share on windows7 ultimate   

Postby RevDrew » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:09 am

namaste
RevDrew™

WDTV with: 1.03.01_B-RAD.CC_WDLXTV-0.5.8.1 *wireless* DWA-140
WDTV Live: new, still in the box & unopened
2 X WDTV Live Plus with: 1.05.04_B_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_PLUS-0.5.1.1: 1 wired, 1 *wireless* DWA-140

http://www.supernews.com/super-special/?i=ZxJfObJynPQ=
RevDrew
Donor

Postby ripper2860 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:21 am

RevDrew -- Yep. I did that too and it worked for a bit and then stopped again. Ya know -- it's worth the 19 Euros to buy it as it does work beautifully and HaneWIN support was VERY responsive.

Leonardus -- despite comments made in some guides and websites, HaneWIN NFS DOES expire after the trial period and stops exporting shares -- at least with newer releases. The NFS services starts and then stops right away. You will see entries in your Windows APPLICATIONS Event Logs. Yuo will see a "Expired" message in the haneWIN app itself, but If you still wish to verify ...

1. Open a command prompt on the PC running HaneWIN NFS
2. Go to the PROGRAM FILES folder where haneWIN NFS is installed
3. from the prompt type "nfsd - debug"

If it has expired, you will see a nice little message.
WDLXTV Supporter
ripper2860
Supporter

Postby leonardus » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:08 am

leonardus
WDTVer

Postby RevDrew » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:13 am

interesting info ripper2860, mine has said it was expired for a few days at least, I will have to keep an eye on it.. we have been watching shows using it all along too..
I guess the next reboot will tell the tale.. I wont restart the server manually, no need to push my luck!

and yeah, the price isn't bad, I've spent more for less before..

leonardus- mine is running on Win 7 without issue (so far..)
32 bit, is yours 64 bit by any chance?
namaste
RevDrew™

2 X WDTV Live Plus with: 1.05.04_B_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_PLUS-0.5.1.1: 1 wired, 1 *wireless* DWA-140

RevDrew
Donor

Postby leonardus » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:32 am

leonardus
WDTVer

Postby ripper2860 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:23 pm

Last edited by ripper2860 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WDLXTV Supporter
ripper2860
Supporter

Postby RevDrew » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:49 pm

Last edited by RevDrew on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
namaste
RevDrew™

RevDrew
Donor

Postby leonardus » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:56 pm

@ RevDrew,

Do you have also the w7 enterprice (or professional) environment as ripper2860?. Because of the important difference of the exportfile of you both.

ripper2860: >>> includes the readonly and after that an ip <<<
Last edited by leonardus on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leonardus
WDTVer

Postby ripper2860 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:08 pm

Leonardus --

The exports settings are not OS specific.

"-readonly" is not really required with the last 2 revs of firmware. There was an issue with getting a SPINNING CIRCLE OF DEATH when launching movies if the shares were RW. The newer firmwares auto-mount them as RO so it's not really needed anymore. Doesn't hurt to have it, though.

I also specify the IP of my WDTV because I only wish to only make the shares available for mounting just by the WDTV. I don't think you need it if the shares are exported to PUBLIC. Again -- doesn't hurt if the WDTV is the only device you mounting the exported NFS shares.
WDLXTV Supporter
ripper2860
Supporter

Postby NoSubstitute » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:02 am

There is !
NoSubstitute
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to n00b central