[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Problem with NFS share on windows7 ultimate

The place for n00b questions, anything goes...no n00b too n00bish.

Postby leonardus » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:55 am

Hi there, just after Christmas I want you to show a problem which I hope someone has the right answer. I'm using b-rad 1.03.01 without any problems on a XP-sp3 system with the hanewin nfs-server 1.70. It works fine for more then 1 year with this settings:

WDTV net.mounts:
xmount 10.0.0.42:/Muziek Muziek nfs
xmount 10.0.0.42:/Films Films nfs
xmount 10.0.0.42:/Fotoos Fotoos nfs

Hanewin on XP-pc:
j:\Muziek -name:Muziek
j:\Fotoos -name:Fotoos
j:\Films -name:Films

A few days ago i've installed windows7 ultimate on the same machine (after that i've made an image :) ) with the same hanewin and net mounts settings. I've made the shares Muziek, Films and Fotoos open for everyone, firewall is disabled. It doesn't work on the windows 7 machine. What (went) is going wrong?. Thanks anyhow for answering this question.

Yours sincerely,

Leo
leonardus
WDTVer

Re: Problem with NFS share on windows7 ultimate   

Postby KAD » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:18 pm

If you like my work please consider a Donation.
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions!
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby RevDrew » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:57 pm

assuming your IP is right after the upgrade from XP to win7, just a shot in the dark but is the drive that was J: in XP, still drive J: in win7?

in telnet type
mount -t nfs
it will show you your nfs mounts.

you could also try mounting in telnet and see what error (if any) you get.
same commands as is in you net.mounts file

xmount 10.0.0.42:/Muziek Muziek nfs
xmount 10.0.0.42:/Films Films nfs
xmount 10.0.0.42:/Fotoos Fotoos nfs

try one and wait, if it works, that's a good thing, if not it will give you an error to help you troubleshoot it further.
namaste
RevDrew™

WDTV with: 1.03.01_B-RAD.CC_WDLXTV-0.5.8.1 *wireless* DWA-140
WDTV Live: new, still in the box & unopened
2 X WDTV Live Plus with: 1.05.04_B_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_PLUS-0.5.1.1: 1 wired, 1 *wireless* DWA-140

http://www.supernews.com/super-special/?i=ZxJfObJynPQ=
RevDrew
Donor

Postby leonardus » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:33 am

I' ve just tried the showmount -e <IPaddress of win7PC> and this is the result Image It looks like normal. The settings in hanewin are (the same as on the working xp):
1.Image
2.Image
3.Image
4.Image

I've checked the shares on the J:\ partition: in windows 7 the are \\PCLEO\Muziek etc. The same as \\10.0.0.42\Muziek. Firewall is disabled. Maybe the net mounts delay needs to be increased and how can i check that?
leonardus
WDTVer

Postby KAD » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:02 am

how about the check box under hanewin server tab "allow mount of remote devices"

check, that box, the stop and restart the server, then try and mount via telnet/ssh
if it works, then move on to the net.mounts file

net mounts delay function is only needed when mounting works via telnet/ssh but not with the net.mounts file

I suspect that once you allow mounts in hanewin, you will not need to worry about net mounts delay

but if you do, it can be changed on the webend config tool, value is in seconds of delay

KAD
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby RevDrew » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:32 am

I don't think the users haneWIN is setup, their PortMapper screen shows 2 entries, mine has a lot more
wouldn't be the first time I was wrong but that doesn't look right to me..

here is my PortMapper screen
namaste
RevDrew™

WDTV with: 1.03.01_B-RAD.CC_WDLXTV-0.5.8.1 *wireless* DWA-140
WDTV Live: new, still in the box & unopened
2 X WDTV Live Plus with: 1.05.04_B_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_PLUS-0.5.1.1: 1 wired, 1 *wireless* DWA-140

http://www.supernews.com/super-special/?i=ZxJfObJynPQ=
RevDrew
Donor

Postby KAD » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:34 am

good eye RevDrew, yes absolutely the additional ports must be open or hanewin will not work correctly

KAD
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby leonardus » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:24 am

Here is my portmapper screen:

Strange that i still can't connect in w7 but this issue is not any problem in xp-sp3
leonardus
WDTVer

Postby KAD » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:42 am

did you try checking the box
"allow mount of remote devices" ?

KAD
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby leonardus » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:51 pm

Yes, i've done so, but with no succes.
leonardus
WDTVer

Next

Return to n00b central