rTorrent: The Definitive Guide for the WDTV

The place for n00b questions, anything goes...no n00b too n00bish.

Re: rTorrent: The Definitive Guide for the WDTV   

Postby kroetkroet » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:02 am

Is your rtorrent starting up tout court?
WDLXTV-fan! - In case you need further assistance: read our WIKI, search our Forum and most of all: donate 'something' to b-rad for his great efforts!!!
kroetkroet
Beta Tester

Postby wishmaster.dj » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:44 am

tout court??!?
wishmaster.dj
DLX'er

Postby kroetkroet » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:06 am

Aiaiai! "Tout court" = straight ahead :lol:

Is your rtorrent actually starting up?
WDLXTV-fan! - In case you need further assistance: read our WIKI, search our Forum and most of all: donate 'something' to b-rad for his great efforts!!!
kroetkroet
Beta Tester

Postby wishmaster.dj » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:48 am

yes, rtorrent running quite well
wishmaster.dj
DLX'er

Postby wishmaster.dj » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:58 am

so the autowatch feature works now.

my concern now is that whenever i open rtorrent from the webend (to add torrents or check progress), it opens only half the time and times out at other times..

Can someone please throw light on this? Does this happen to all? or maybe is there a settings i can tweak?
wishmaster.dj
DLX'er

Postby guyh » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:31 pm

kroetkroet wrote:If you're a bit hardcore, you could opt to run ext3 version of wdlxtv, then you can try to update rtorrent yourself :lol:

I take it from the laughing smiley that's a tad complicated for a linux noob like myself... I had a look through that compiling thread and felt thoroughly out of my depth. b1ackmai1er, did you get anywhere with it? would be most interested in any updates :mrgreen:

(am I right in thinking the solution to this can be achieved just from the thread explaining how to set up this other filesystem and the steps detailed at http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-compile-rtorrent-from-svn-in-ubuntu-10.04-lucid-lynx-debian-5-lenny-with-coloured-interface ?)
guyh
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:02 pm

@wishmaster.dj: Probably the reason rtorrent times out half of the time is because it is busy torrenting/indexing your files. The same process must handle tens of simultaneous connections with various IPs in the swarm while presenting you with a web interface for management. On hardware with limited CPU/RAM it is frequent that the web interface is sluggish or times out...

@guyh: Compiling on linux when you have everything you need (the build environment and dependencies) is easy. Cross-compiling for a different architecture is usually tricky, because it takes a lot of time to set up your build environment. Once the build environment is up, then you might be able to follow instructions along the lines of what you posted... But in practice, you end up changing Makefiles to correct paths and switches until you get the damn thing to compile.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby guyh » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:49 pm

Thanks mate, i'll give it a go and report back... What's the worst that could happen!
guyh
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:54 pm

Before trying to cross compile anything, try the easy way - look for a pre-compiled package for your achitecture. Try looking in optware's packages first.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby aberas » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:24 am

I'm totally lost.
I've been running rTorrent without a problem since forever... and yesterday, it decided to not pay attention to my config anymore (at least to some of it).
Now, it doesn't follows the upload/download limits, but, strangely (for me at least...) even though I've erased and recreated the config, it keeps some of it, like the scheduler options.
I've re-read all this thread, the wiki, and I think I've tried everything.

I've no doubt that it must be something I screwed...

Please, for the love of b-rad, does anybody has some pointer?
I've never felt like such a noob :)
aberas
Donor

PreviousNext

Return to n00b central