How to reset the webend password after changing it?

The place for n00b questions, anything goes...no n00b too n00bish.

How to reset the webend password after changing it?   

Postby Roger » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:20 am

Hello, I've just added WDLXTV-Live-0.4.2.1 to my box and manage to change the webend password from default "xdlxtv" to something else, but when I tried to connect again it just keep on failin..

How can I reset the password back to default wdlxtv:wdlxtv? I tried to re-flash my box, but I still can't login to webend.. :(

Thanks
Roger
n00b

Re: How to reset the webend password after changing it?   

Postby b-rad.cc » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:22 am

Code: Select all
rm /conf/htpasswd
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby Roger » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:26 am

b-rad.cc wrote:
Code: Select all
rm /conf/htpasswd

I suppose I can refer to my other post "Help with the S00custom-options file" :) totally newb here :( sorry!
Roger
n00b

Postby Roger » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:42 am

Just add "rm /conf/htpasswd" to S00custom-options?
Roger
n00b

Postby Roger » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:44 am

Roger wrote:Just add "rm /conf/htpasswd" to S00custom-options?

I got it! Thanks :) Sorry for my stupidity!
Roger
n00b

Postby kidproquo » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:40 pm

Edit: fixed! I just had to open the Webend in Firefox. I was using Opera all this while which didn't work.

Somebody please help me with this :-(

I have searched and tried the recommendations but no luck.

It's as if my /conf directory is stuck in time. I have 1.02.21_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_LIVE-0.4.2.2 installed. Logging in, I found that my old root password still works. I am unable to login to the webend. I tried doing rm /conf/htpasswd but it comes back on reboot and it always has this one line: wdlxtv:WDLXTV-Webend:7d5eba50730cbddeaf313024058bed90

I have added rm /conf/htpasswd in S00custom-options and still no change - htpasswd exists after reboot and has the same line.

I tried sudo htpasswd -c wdlxtv WDLXTV-Webend, it asks me to type the new password which still doesn't work.

Webend always gives me the message "This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.".

Any ideas?

Regards,
Kid
kidproquo
n00b

Postby recliq » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:32 pm

1) config is persistent through fw updates (unless you wipe /conf or do a reset to factory defaults)

2) Read the README... If you delete /conf/htpasswd you are back to default login credentials: wdlxtv:wdlxtv
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby jaromil » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:32 am

Jaromil, developer @ Dyne.org
GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39
jaromil
Developer

Postby derwildemann » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:20 pm

recliq wrote:1) config is persistent through fw updates (unless you wipe /conf or do a reset to factory defaults)

2) Read the README... If you delete /conf/htpasswd you are back to default login credentials: wdlxtv:wdlxtv

I purchased a used player with 1.05.04/0.5.1.1 already installed.
I could access it via WEB FRONTEND with wdlxtv:wdlxtv but could not telnet it. I used Jaromil's password recovery tool and now I can telnet it using root:hackme but no the EB FRONTEND access is gone, meaning wdlxtv:hackme doesn't work anymore.

I deleted /conf/htpasswd but it didn't help, still no access. Did a reboot, no help.

I telneted it after reboot and /conf/htpasswd was back, still no access via WEB FRONTEND. I deleted /conf/htpasswd and the files id_rsa and rsa_key were created.

I tried again and same happened again.

Any idea how to get the player back to wdlxtv:wdlxtv or any other combination that gives me back the access to WEB FRONTEND?
derwildemann
DLX'er

Postby derwildemann » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:49 pm

derwildemann wrote:
recliq wrote:1) config is persistent through fw updates (unless you wipe /conf or do a reset to factory defaults)

I purchased a used player with 1.05.04/0.5.1.1 already installed.
I could access it via WEB FRONTEND with wdlxtv:wdlxtv but could not telnet it. I used Jaromil's password recovery tool and now I can telnet it using root:hackme but no the EB FRONTEND access is gone, meaning wdlxtv:hackme doesn't work anymore.

I deleted /conf/htpasswd but it didn't help, still no access. Did a reboot, no help.

I telneted it after reboot and /conf/htpasswd was back, still no access via WEB FRONTEND. I deleted /conf/htpasswd and the files id_rsa and rsa_key were created.

I tried again and same happened again.

Any idea how to get the player back to wdlxtv:wdlxtv or any other combination that gives me back the access to WEB FRONTEND?

found the solution here:

http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/README_WDLXTV_Live

scrolling down to "Passwords" and I got this:

These are the default passwords of WDLXTV, these will NOT be reset if you upgrade/reflash your firmware!
If you forgot your password you can reset the telnet/SSH and weblogin with this application.

The mentioned application is pw-reset-live.app.bin

this finally did it..... thanks to whoever wrote this....
derwildemann
DLX'er

Next

Return to n00b central