Access an ftp server using Curlftpfs

The place for n00b questions, anything goes...no n00b too n00bish.

Access an ftp server using Curlftpfs   

Postby bunyip » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:52 pm

I have a quick question regarding the use of curlftpfs (which is the primary reason that I have for trying out the WDLXTV firmware). I want to mount a folder on my PVR as a local drive for the WDTV Live.
Do I just need to add the 'address' to the net.mounts file like so: ''curlftpfs ftp://user:password@192.168.1.x/mnt/hd/videos'' where '192.168.1.x' is the address to the PVR that hosts an ftp server and 'mnt/hd/videos' is the directory where recorded TV etc is held (and user:password are the userid and password for the PVR's FTP server).
I just put what's between the double quotes above into the net.mounts file - is this correct?
Also, if it's in the net.mounts file, then the drive will be mapped every time the WDTV Live is started - is this correct?

Alternatively - is there a better or easier way to mount a remote FTP server as a local drive (or in some way accessible by the WDTV Live)?
bunyip
n00b

Re: Access an ftp server using Curlftpfs   

Postby bunyip » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:26 am

Following on from the above - having had a look in the net.mounts file included in the WDLXTV firmware download, I can see the line that says
xmount "ftp://192.168.0.234:21" "FTP Name" ftpfs "-o user=UserName:Password -o Option2"
I assume then that all I need to do to mount my remote FTP server as a local drive is to provide the correct IP address, provide the name I'd like to refer to the server as (as a local drive eg PVR) and add the UserName and Password and it should be OK - assuming that this is correct, please ignore the initial post.

Does anyone know what the ''-o Option2'' parameter is for?
bunyip
n00b

Return to n00b central