NEW Software: scraper/converter/sheet designer

Everything (else) to do with Movie Sheets and homebrew firmware on the WDTV(s), including how the %*#^ do I get them working?

NEW Software: scraper/converter/sheet designer   

Postby geronimoslp » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:27 pm

Hello to all :)

After months of using WDTVHubGen and ThumbGen, for all my movie sheet needs, I think it's time for me to move on to simpler and smarter ways to work with my collection. Scraping from different collectors, IMDB not playing nice as usual, automated movie sheet creation useless, there's always a little something missing here and there on every few sheets. Everything must be done manually or semi-automatically, it's too much. especially scraping french content, no automation possible there, even if I got all the info i need in local xmls or nfos and whatnot.

I'm creating a speedy VBNET interface that scrapes info, (TVDB&TMDB API), looks through xmls or local nfos, fills missing data, and creates the TGMD file to make thumbgen's automation a breeze. I'm even thinking about making my own moviesheet creator, skipping thumbgen altogether.

Basically it would truly be automated.

I'm doing it for myself, not a real fancy UI or anything, but if there's interest I may make it more user friendly should people want to use it.

I'm open to suggestions.
geronimoslp
n00b

Re: NEW Software: scraper/converter/sheet designer   

Postby mad_ady » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:11 pm

Good job and good luck, but that's exactly how Thumbgen started. :)

Note before you start, have a look at Sheetmaker (being ported from linux). See if it meets your needs, or if it would be easier to change it instead of starting from scratch...
mad_ady
Developer

Postby Grzyby15 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:27 am

Good point. I totally agree with that!
Grzyby15
n00b

Postby KoolPal » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:40 am

Quick post to check if there has been any progress on this app.
KoolPal
WDTVer

Return to Movie Sheet Support & Discussion