[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Moviesheets on NEW WDTV Devices

Everything (else) to do with Movie Sheets and homebrew firmware on the WDTV(s), including how the %*#^ do I get them working?

Postby BossMAFIA » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:47 am

I am currently using wdtv live gen 1 (wdbaap0000nbk-01 2009 model realeased in australia) and flashed it with
b-rad's firmware (0.5.1.1 installed on top of the 1.02.21 official firmware). I modded a few thumbgen moviesheet
templates which I am pretty happy with for the past couple of years and now I am thinking of upgrading to the
new WDTV Live Streaming Player (WDBGXT0000NBK). Before I buy the latest WDTV Live streaming Player, I would like
to know if my movieshets previously generated in thumbgen will work on this new device. Below is a description
of my moviesheet style

1. FOlder name: Rosemarys.Baby.2014.Part.1.BluRay.1080p.DTS.x264-CHD

2. Name of file in the folder: Rosemarys.Baby.2014.Part.1.BluRay.1080p.DTS.x264-CHD.mkv

3. Prior to browsing folder contents name of sheet generated: Rosemarys.Baby.2014.Part.1.BluRay.1080p.DTS.x264-CHD_sheet

4. Name of sheet generated inside the folder: Rosemarys.Baby.2014.Part.1.BluRay.1080p.DTS.x264-CHD.mkv_sheet

I have done a fair bit of searching through the forums and discovered that the model I'm thinking of purchasing
doesn't support the old wdlxtv firmware which displays moviesheets in the format described above but however
supports custom themes and most custom themes work hand in hand with moviesheets. Therefore are there any workarounds for displaying
the sheets described above or any theme that supports the moviesheet formats described above?

BossMAFIA
n00b

Re: Moviesheets on NEW WDTV Devices   

Postby KAD » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:26 am

http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8707

moviesheets operate differently on the device, more similar to linksheets method
but yes the old data/sheets will work, you just have to either add xml files or set them up for linksheets use
If you like my work please consider a Donation.
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions!
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby BossMAFIA » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:01 pm

Thanks a lot for you prompt response KAD. I have browsed through the link you referenced in your reply and really excited that WDLXTV has been updated for GEN3 devices. The link sheet is really good idea but it is apparent that there is a limitation to their use (<30MB). I have too many hard drives with movie sheets and to setup them up using link sheets will take forever. I don't mean sound too optimistic but you mentioned thumbgen .xml files will work and I would just like some clarification on that since I have actually never used thumbgen to create .xml files. I just found out the two options to activate for .xml files in thumbgen options....Generate Movie Infomation...Input/Output naming...Movie info export set to .xml. So my question here is, will the moviesheets that I have generated previously with thumbgen for my old Gen2 device work with new Gen3 device simply by generating .xml files in thumbgen work without the use of custom firmware? Sounds too good to be true and I thought I should ask. Below is a brief description of the setup:

1. Folder Name: The.Amazing.Spider-Man.2.2014.RETAIL.1080p.Bluray.DTS-HD.x264-EVO

2. File Outside folder:
-The.Amazing.Spider-Man.2.2014.RETAIL.1080p.Bluray.DTS-HD.x264-EVO_sheet.JPG

3. Files Inside folder:
-The.Amazing.Spider-Man.2.2014.RETAIL.1080p.Bluray.DTS-HD.x264-EVO.mkv
-The.Amazing.Spider-Man.2.2014.RETAIL.1080p.Bluray.DTS-HD.x264-EVO.mkv_sheet.JPG
-The.Amazing.Spider-Man.2.2014.RETAIL.1080p.Bluray.DTS-HD.x264-EVO.XML

File Outside folder (Expected Image to be displayed):

File Inside folder (Expected Image to be displayed)

Will these two images be displayed correctly on WDTV Gen3 device simply using .xml generated from thumbgen and if so what modifications need to be made on the Gen3 device? Thanks in advance for your response.
BossMAFIA
n00b

Postby KAD » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:14 am

only official firmware has the 30MB limit on SMP
under the firmware linked above, theme gets run from thumbdrive, instead of being uploaded
your only limit is the size of the drive

as for xml's
those fall under WD's official supported method
basically the xml has an entry that points to the moviesheet
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby BossMAFIA » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:34 am

Once again thanks for your response. Well so far after generating xml files using thumbgen, all i get is text (Synopsis, ratings, cast etc) overlayed on the background. Both of my moviesheets are not displayed. Will the custom firmware from the link you posted above allow the display of the moviesheets (on Gen3) the same way Gen2 devices (with b-rad/wdlxtv custom firmware) used to display them?
BossMAFIA
n00b

Postby KAD » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:13 am

in thumbnail there's an optional setting for xml's to include links
you have to enable this, also depending on firmware you're on there are 2 options for this

I don't remember which one is correct for which base firmware version, since I don't use the xml's myself

also WD official moviesheet support only works in what they call gallery view (but you're already in this view if you have synopsis overlaid in background)

as for the firmware I put out, it does not operate the same as gen2 device/firmware
you have to prepair your moviesheets to use linkshseet/msheetdir method for smp - ie sheets get renamed and must be stored inside the theme
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby BossMAFIA » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:26 pm

I have finally got all the settings in thumbgen right and moviesheets have been correctly pointed to in the xml file generated by thumbgen. The Moviesheet inside the folder is displayed as background (which is what I want) on the WDTV Live SMP but synopsis is also overlaid on the moviesheet. The moviesheets outside the folders (Generated used cover trickle method) don't show at all. I was wondering if there is any way a theme could be used to point to the cover trickle images so that while browsing through my movie collection, the trickle moviesheet (File Outside folder - Image:) is displayed when a particular folder is in focus or selected and when viewing the contents of the folder the background folder-moviesheet (File Inside - Image) is displayed. I tried the mojo theme and it does display only my background folder moviesheet and obviously with it's own icons overlayed, which means if I could edit the mojo theme, it is possible to remove all the unwanted icons so that essentially only way moviesheet background is displayed nice and clean. So I was just wondering if there's theme that will solve my problems or any theme that you could recommend or provide a guide on where to at least start to achieve my goals. Thanks in advance.
BossMAFIA
n00b

Postby KAD » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:50 pm

possible

removing that text on screen can be done via theme
or it can be done by deleting those items from the xml's created
as for trickle cover, no idea' never tried it, so I don't know how it works
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby KrisLawrence » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:16 am

Well, No; themes and movie-sheets are tailored to work with each other.
KrisLawrence
n00b

Postby KrisLawrence » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:16 pm

-----------------------------------------------
KrisLawrence
n00b

Return to Movie Sheet Support & Discussion