[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
MSHEETDIR migration guide

MSHEETDIR migration guide

Everything (else) to do with Movie Sheets and homebrew firmware on the WDTV(s), including how the %*#^ do I get them working?

Re: MSHEETDIR migration guide   

Postby Brainmaze » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:58 pm

but I have 2 WDTL Live ! I'll have to copy all my sheets locally to my 2 WDTV Live :)
But it is definitely faster to have the moviesheets on a local USB key than on my shared drives
Brainmaze
Donor

Postby mad_ady » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:14 pm

You can certainly experiment both ways (remote sheets and local sheets) to see which one you prefer. Having them local, means you need to synchronize them (you might be able to setup a periodic rsync process to sync both folders automatically and just update one). For me, sheets on a remote NFS share with a wired connection are fast enough :)
mad_ady
Developer

Postby Brainmaze » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:15 am

ok i'll retry with a remote MSHEETDIR too, so i'll have only one place to update instead of two locally

it will probably be a little but slower I suppose
Brainmaze
Donor

Postby engineer14 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:43 am

I guess this only works as long as USB stays active, right ? Because, when USB is powered off, the "Early mounting" is gone, and my drive is only at tmp/media/..., so no sheets ?

(can´t try that right now ´cause USB POWER OFF wont work anyway (1.05.04, 0.5.0.0 flashed)

Any way to use msheetdir with usb Power off ?
engineer14
Donor

Postby mad_ady » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:51 pm

If the USB drive where you have your MSHEETDIR is powered off, then, of course you can't use it. When you power it off, you also lose /tmp/media/.
If you want to share the same directory over two wdtvs you would have to either keep that USB drive powered, or use a network share instead.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby engineer14 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:37 pm

engineer14
Donor

Postby recliq » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:50 pm

­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (, , ) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby engineer14 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:12 pm

engineer14
Donor

Postby TiagoDM » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:22 am

hi. I have moviesheets and they work fine, the moviesheet is displayd perfectly; but after i change my method to shared folder moviesheet reading, it can't show my movies' thumbnails. Any advice?

Thank you

Tiago
TiagoDM
Donor

Postby TiagoDM » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:17 pm

TiagoDM
Donor

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Sheet Support & Discussion