MSHEETDIR migration guide

Everything (else) to do with Movie Sheets and homebrew firmware on the WDTV(s), including how the %*#^ do I get them working?

Re: MSHEETDIR migration guide   

Postby KAD » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:57 am

recliq wrote:@KAD: Thnaks for reminding me, now that you mention it I remember the AUFS problem with NFS... :roll: Anyways it should be doable with unionfs, doesn't it?

yeah, unionfs I think should be fine (haven't tried it)

incidentally, some of that info I found, I was able to implement on my home server
I export aufs unions via nfs no problems by simply adding the fsid option

it's probably not as simple as that on the the WD side, to take multiple NFS shares and aufs them together
but if we ever get to testing, might be worth a try
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby recliq » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:01 am

I think it's not that easy to get AUFS working with NFS on WDTV... IIRC b-rad tried to implement the AUFS patch for NFS and it doesn't work on WDTV due to some missing symbols in kernel (which we can't change).
I think b-rad even tried some tricks to add those symbols with even more nasty hacks and preloads but it didn't work AFAIK.

PS: Just found this post of yours KAD http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7539&p=63102&hilit=aufs+nfs#p63102
have you tried this yet? Do you need an aufs with the mentioned compile option? I could try to recompile aufs with this option....
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby KAD » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:01 am

no need to compile, but thanks for the offer

if b-rad tried it, then I'll trust it doesn't work with WD
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Movie Sheet Support & Discussion