MSHEETDIR migration guide

Everything (else) to do with Movie Sheets and homebrew firmware on the WDTV(s), including how the %*#^ do I get them working?

Re: MSHEETDIR migration guide   

Postby KAD » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:19 pm

your msheetdir is clearly not set up correctly

first quote from first post

7. only needed if WDLXTV version is < 5.1.4
Now that your MSHEETDIR has been populated, you must delete your sheets located anywhere else on the system
This is very important that you do not have duplicate sheets located anywhere else, if you do next time you reboot linksheets will corrupt your MSHEETDIR rendering it useless Again Step 7, Not Needed on WDLXTV version >= 5.1.4

if it begins scanning when you first access drives/shares, this should only be long enough for to realize that you have no sheets on your shares
if you have sheets on your shares, this just corrupted your MSHEETDIR

also MSHEETDIR, when it's working, displays all sheets, instantly, no scaning
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby wbs » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:29 pm

Thanks for highlighting that my msheetdir was not setup correctly. Deleted the msheetdir on my usb and repopulate them through cp command. Now my sheets are displayed instantly and only the thumbnails are not displayed when access through the media server.

Am I correct to say the we do not required the s00user-script and linksheets.pl when using fw 1.05.04 v0.5.1.1

Thanks again for the pointers.

PS - is there an upgrade version after 0.5.1.1 -> 5.1.4.
wbs
n00b

Postby KAD » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:28 pm

there is a version 5.1.4
it's in Area 51 - beta testing
it's also on svn

as for linksheets.pl and such
I would leave those in place
eventhough msheetdir bypasses linksheets completely
linksheets.pl is safer when used with msheetdir

while not tested linksheets.pl should not corrupt your msheet dir if it does find something
because linksheets.pl only creates a symlink if the symlink/file does not already exist

the older version of linksheets replaced already existing symlinks, which was part of the problem with corrupted msheetdir
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby n3st@Z » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:14 pm

Hello,

I'm running 1.05.04_V_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_LIVE-0.5.1.1 and previously had msheets configured via linksheet...all was good. I've been attempting to migrate this to msheetdir for a few days now and here's where I'm stuck...banging my head...

1. I've configured a netapp mount to my nas via nfs...
Code: Select all
# cat /conf/net.config
crazymount NETMOUNT 10.20.0.200:/mnt/md0/downloads/msheetdir

2. Copied working msheets to the mount created by crazymount...
# cp /msheets/* /tmp/mnt/75d664e1532078a204143f02b0956434

3. Verified that all my moviesheets have been renamed as expected and the image files copied over to msheetdir (no symlinks in msheetdir).

4. Configured msheetdir...here's my config...
# grep -i sheet /conf/config
GENMSHEET='OFF'
LISTMSHEET='ON'
VIDMSHEET='ON'
LINKSHEETS='ON'
MSHEETMODE='wall'
MSHEETDIR='/tmp/mnt/75d664e1532078a204143f02b0956434'
DEFAULTSHEET=''

5. Reeboot...

6. Looks like the crazymount has mounted my msheerdir...but I am missing the /osd mount...
# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sigmblockh         318.9M    318.9M         0 100% /
mdev                     97.3M         0     97.3M   0% /dev
none                     97.3M      2.2M     95.1M   2% /tmp
none                     97.3M      2.2M     95.1M   2% /etc/mdev.conf
/dev/loop0              122.0K      2.0K    120.0K   2% /tmp/static_config
none                     97.3M      2.2M     95.1M   2% /apps
10.20.0.200:/mnt/md0/downloads/msheetdir
                          2.7T      1.7T      1.0T  61% /tmp/mnt/75d664e1532078a204143f02b0956434
/dev/sigmblockh         318.9M    318.9M         0 100% /var/www
10.20.0.200:/mnt/md0/downloads/msheetdir
                          2.7T      1.7T      1.0T  61% /msheets
/dev/sigmblockh         318.9M    318.9M         0 100% /tmp/.root/osd
none                     97.3M      2.2M     95.1M   2% /osd/basic_browse_thumb_video.xml
none                     97.3M      2.2M     95.1M   2% /osd/basic_browse.xml
/dev/sigmblockh         318.9M    318.9M         0 100% /osd/image/youtube_logo.png

...AND I see this in the logs...
WDTVLIVE user.notice crazymount: server address passed: 10.20.0.200:/mnt/md0/downloads/msheetdir ?             
WDTVLIVE user.info kernel: eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0xCDE1                                     
WDTVLIVE user.notice S01ipup: getting DHCP IP                                                                 
WDTVLIVE user.notice crazymount: checking NETMOUNT @ /tmp/mnt/75d664e1532078a204143f02b0956434 for app.bins   
WDTVLIVE user.notice crazymount: no apps found on NETMOUNT @ /tmp/mnt/75d664e1532078a204143f02b0956434         
WDTVLIVE user.notice crazymount: Path set to /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin 
WDTVLIVE user.notice S67msheet: MSHEETDIR ( /tmp/mnt/75d664e1532078a204143f02b0956434 ) in use.               
WDTVLIVE user.notice S67msheet: base /msheets:/osd aufs mount initializing                                                             
WDTVLIVE user.info kernel: aufs 20090126                                             
WDTVLIVE user.err kernel: aufs test_add:401:mount[2130]: NFS branch is not supported, try some configurations and patches included in aufs source CVS. /msheets

7. Verified that there are no duplicate msheets anywhere on the box or shares accessible by wdlxtv.

8. I'm accessing my media over UPnP...and the msheets were displaying fine before the migration. I've also verified the issue remains after xmounting a nfs share containing my media (with & without usb thumb drive inserted). No joy!

9. If I try to manually restart msheets...I get the following errors...
# /etc/init.d/S67msheet stop
S67msheet: seperating /msheets (stopping linksheets)
mount: can't find /osd in /proc/mounts
S67msheet: MSHEETDIR (/tmp/mnt/75d664e1532078a204143f02b0956434) failed detaching!?!
# /etc/init.d/S67msheet forcestop
# /etc/init.d/S67msheet start   
S67msheet: MSHEETDIR ( /tmp/mnt/75d664e1532078a204143f02b0956434 ) in use.
S67msheet: base /msheets:/osd aufs mount initializing
mount: mounting none on /osd failed: Invalid argument

Needless to say, the movieSheets are not displaying. I've read just about every post related to netapp, msheets and migrating to msheetdir...still banging my head.

Please help!
n3st@Z
n00b

Postby n3st@Z » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:43 pm

Found the culprit...same as seen earlier in this thread. AUFS & NFS just won't play nice...
WDTVLIVE user.err kernel: aufs test_add:401:mount[2130]: NFS branch is not supported, try some configurations and patches included in aufs source CVS. /msheets

I've tried playing around with the mount options...but cannot AUFS mount when including a NFS share...
# mount -t aufs none -o br:/msheets=ro:/tmp/.root/osd=ro /osd
mount: mounting none on /osd failed: Invalid argument

Im my case...switching this to a CIFS share (via IP address and specifying the share username & pass) fixed the issue...
# cat /conf/net.config
crazymount NETMOUNT //10.20.0.200:/msheetdir user=wdlxtv,pass=********
n3st@Z
n00b

Folder Sheets   

Postby apwood » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:53 am

I have this all working fine with moviesheets displayed form my .MSHEETDIR folder, but there is duplication of moviesheets I'd like to avoid if possible.

Mostly I have this structure, for example:

.. movies\Aeon Flux\Aeon Flux.mkv (location of the movie file)
.. movies\Aeon Flux\Aeon Flux.jpg (thumbnail for the movie file)
.. movies\Aeon Flux\folder.jpg (thumbnail for the Aeon Flux folder)
.. movies\Aeon Flux\* (various other files relating to the movie not needed by WDTV)

\.MSHEETDIR\Aeon Flux (moviesheet displayed when selecting the Aeon Flux folder)
\.MSHEETDIR\Aeon Flux.mkv (moviesheet displayed when selecting the Aeon Flux mkv file)

The two moviesheets above are identical, so that you see the same moviesheet if you select the Aeon Flux folder, and if you select the Aeon Flux mkv file.

In some cases I may have multiple movie / video files in a folder, all of which need to display the same moviesheet (or background image) when selected. So in that case, if there are 6 movie files, the same moviesheet needs duplicating in .MSHEETDIR a total of 7 times (once for each movie file and once for the folder).

Is there any way to avoid this? That is, to set a moviesheet jpg to be displayed for every file inside a folder as well as for the folder itself. Ideally I'd like this to happen UNLESS over-ridden by selecting a movie file that has its own moviesheet.
Adrian Wood
WDTV Live v1
FW Base: 1.05.04
WDLXTV-Live-0.5.1.1
apwood
WDTVer

Postby mad_ady » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:26 am

As far as I know it's not done automatically. You can create the symlinks yourself, but you'd have to manage them on your own.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby apwood » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:58 am

Thanks but I think we're misunderstanding each other.

If I have, for example a series of files in a single folder, 1.mkv, 2.mkv, 3.mkv, 4.mkv, 5.mkv and 6.mkv ; then yes, if I also have jpgs called 1.mkv, 2.mkv etc in .MSHEETDIR - these jpgs do display automatically as moviesheets.

That means I'd need 6 of these jpgs plus another one for the folder - 7 identical jpgs in all.

What I want to be able to do is have a single jpg used for the folder and a single jpg used for all files inside the folder, EXCEPT where a specific jpg file (say 3.mkv) exists in .MSHEETDIR.

I don't think it's possible - but hoping someone can confirm if there is anyway to do this, thereby avoiding multiple copies of jpgs inside .MSHEETDIR (and the work to create / maintain them).

It's a bit like having a default moviesheet (which as far as I'm aware is not possible) but instead of (or in addition to) a system wide default, there would be a default for the contents of each folder.
Adrian Wood
WDTV Live v1
WDLXTV-Live-0.5.1.1
apwood
WDTVer

Postby KAD » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:26 pm

the only way I can forsee you doing what you described is a custom version of the WDTVext Moviesheet plugin
which already allows for a general default sheet
you would have to add the code to differentiate general sheet for file or general sheet for folder on your own
off coarse this would not be specific to a series folder, it would be global, so still might not be what your looking for
and the plugin of coarse only works on 1.02.21 firmware, so ...

as for not needing a sheet to go with every file, I don't see any way around that
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby apwood » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:42 pm

Thanks - that's helpful.
Adrian Wood
WDTV Live v1
WDLXTV-Live-0.5.1.1
apwood
WDTVer

PreviousNext