MSHEETDIR migration guide

Everything (else) to do with Movie Sheets and homebrew firmware on the WDTV(s), including how the %*#^ do I get them working?

Re: MSHEETDIR migration guide   

Postby crazy_ivan_1 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:33 am

Hi,

Im asking for help as although i can get msheets working, as I stated in another post, they work inconsistently with some showing the movie sheet as the folder sheet. I was advised to try migrating to msheetsdir.

I followed the instructions on page 1 of this topic. My USB gets populated with the files. I remove the other files but i dont get any pictures loading.

What am i doing wrong
crazy_ivan_1
n00b

Postby recliq » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:01 am

Your problem is based on a bug in linksheets script.
Migrating to MSHEETDIR won't help with your problem as long as linksheets is still generating the links...
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby crazy_ivan_1 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:37 pm

recliq wrote:Your problem is based on a bug in linksheets script.
Migrating to MSHEETDIR won't help with your problem as long as linksheets is still generating the links...

so what are my options then

cheers
crazy_ivan_1
n00b

Postby KAD » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:50 pm

there's a new linksheets script in this same forum that claims to fix the issue, if you know how to can give it a try
or you can just use a file renamer

KAD
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby wd_mich » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:34 am

I noticed that i have 2 files for each movie in my MSHEETDIR directory, there are 2 copies with different file extensions for each movie. For example for Batman.mkv i have 2 files one named Batman (no file extension) and one named Batman.mkv. They are both the exact same file with a different name, i was wondering why there are 2?

Also if a add a new movie to my library do i need to make the equivalent 2 files....just seems redundent that there are 2. I'm affraid to experiment in case i break something
wd_mich
n00b

Postby KAD » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:26 pm

1 file is the folder sheet
&
1 file is the movie sheet

so if you have files and folders then yes you need both

btw MSHEETDIR migration guide only copies & formats existing sheets for you
it doesn't create anything new

so when you add a movie, you'll want to create the 2 sheets that you always do, and just rename them
for use with MSHEETDIR

KAD
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby me00z » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:35 am

reboot is not required if you want to update MSHEETDIR:

1) in WEC remove MSHEETDIR folder -> save
Jun 27 15:21:35 WDLXTV user.notice S67msheet: seperating /msheets (stopping linksheets)
Jun 27 15:21:35 WDLXTV user.notice S67msheet: MSHEETDIR (/msheets) detached
Jun 27 15:21:35 WDLXTV user.notice S67msheet: attaching new /msheets to /osd

2)
Code: Select all
linksheets /tmp/mnt/xxxx
cp /msheets/* /tmp/mnt/xxxx/.MSHEETDIR

3) in WEC set MSHEETDIR -> save
Jun 27 15:22:29 WDLXTV user.notice S67msheet: seperating /msheets (stopping linksheets)
Jun 27 15:22:29 WDLXTV user.notice S67msheet: MSHEETDIR (/msheets) detached
Jun 27 15:22:29 WDLXTV user.notice S67msheet: MSHEETDIR ( /tmp/mnt/02E0-EBCE/.MSHEETDIR ) in use.
Jun 27 15:22:29 WDLXTV user.notice S67msheet: attaching new /msheets to /osd

1.05.04_V.EXT3-BOOT_LIVE-0.5.1.1
me00z
n00b

Postby derwildemann » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:59 am

there is an interesting behavior on my WDTV player.

I have a movie sheet repository established on my USB drive connected to port 2.

the link to that repository is /tmp/media/usb/USB2/8480B9A880B9A0DA/msheetdir

in WEC I put that link in the respective box and
WDLXTV Configuration --> OSD --> MSHEETDIR reads
/tmp/media/usb/USB2/8480B9A880B9A0DA/msheetdir

and after every reboot that info remains the same, however the file /tmp/MSHEETDIR reads /msheets after each reboot while the WEC info remains intact.
now when I click save in WEC /tmp/MSHEETDIR continues reading /msheets.

in order to have the correct link in /tmp/MSHEETDIR restored I have to clear the entry in WEC follwed by 'save' then re-enter the link and save again.

I have early mount of that drive enabled....

I even tried to use S99user-script as a workaround to replace /tmp/MSHEETDIR with a version from the USB drive connected to port 2 but it didn't help, still /tmp/MSHEETDIR reads /msheets after reboot.

S99user-script
Code: Select all
#!/bin/sh
cp /tmp/media/usb/USB2/8480B9A880B9A0DA/MSHEETDIR.txt /tmp/MSHEETDIR

however I realized that even executing the command:
cp /tmp/media/usb/USB2/8480B9A880B9A0DA/MSHEETDIR.txt /tmp/MSHEETDIR
from telnet won't fix it... I have to do the sequence described above each time after reboot
"...clear the entry in WEC follwed by 'save' then re-enter the link and save again..."
to have my sheets diplayed
derwildemann
DLX'er

Postby recliq » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:51 am

Maybe it's not very clear on the first page of this post, but we did tell you a couple of times now:

If you want to have a consistent path which does not change by any means between reboots, enable EarlyMounts for that drive and reference it's location under /tmp/mnt/... NOT /tmp/media/usb/...

You shouldn't have to touch /tmp/MSHEETDIR atall! That is a file used for internal scripts, if it has the wrong content you did something wrong during setup.
Changing that file is most likely not going to solve your problem atall.
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby wbs » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:23 pm

I have fw 1.05.04 0.5.1.1. Using MsheetDIR in tmp/mnt/mysusb2 drive. My movies are in NAS running media server and network share. Populated my movie sheets from /msheet to my usb drive. I am also using the fast linksheet.pl, s00user-script and .mnt file.

I have found that:
1. I need to select network share to my movies for the movie sheet to be displayed after the led start/stop blinking. Although I have early mount the usb thumbdrive.
2. After selected through network share option, all my movie sheet can be displayed when selected through media player OSD option.

With this findings, is there any way to display the movie sheet through the media server option without first accessing the network share option.

Thanks
wbs
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Sheet Support & Discussion