movie sheet how to

Everything (else) to do with Movie Sheets and homebrew firmware on the WDTV(s), including how the %*#^ do I get them working?

Re: movie sheet how to   

Postby mcfloyd » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:06 pm

I have been trying and trying to figure out how to make my sheets load faster and I've been having no luck.
Configured with xmounts to all of my shared drives on my computer (network shares never shows anything, but xmount works).
Originally set all my sheets to the folders of the movies on my shared drives through xmount, but it was super slow.
Then I thought it would be faster if I put all the sheets on a flash drive connected to the device, so I changed my msheetdir to the flash drive.
Still SO SLOW. I feel like I'm using a 1980's remote for some crappy tv, where the next channel takes forever to switch, and then you hit the button a hundred times and nothing happens and then it scrolls through a million at once.

My next option would be to store the sheets on the WDLXTV internal memory but I would have to install the ext3-boot firmware to write to it, and I don't know if that would even make it faster.

Also I need to know what the option is to make it scroll through movies from left to right. I got the sheet for http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=919 this guy because it looks sick, but it still scrolls top-bottom.
The wiki was a little confusing on what each parameter does so I'll copy what I got:

LINKSHEETS='ON'
VIDMSHEET='ON'
LISTMSHEET='ON'
GENMSHEET='ON'

Thanks so much guys!
Last edited by mcfloyd on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcfloyd
n00b

Postby mcfloyd » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:51 am

So I did a lot of digging, and I need you to tell me if I have come to the correct conclusion.
I installed the new fast linksheets.pl and set up the user config file to run it on boot.
It loads a lot faster which is nice.

I'm now under the assumption that linksheets.pl only helps with the load time of the device, and not loading sheets when browsing.
reqlic said something about not being able to make the load times (while browsing) faster without breaking other features of the build (which sucks but I guess beggars can't be choosers).

Am I right?

Also, would cutting down on the size of the sheets make it load faster? (like 250kB instead of 500kB)
mcfloyd
n00b

Postby mcfloyd » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:33 am

Hey sorry about mucking things up with all my posts. I don't know how to delete them. Anyway, I took my issues over to the fast links board since after all my searching I decided they didn't belong here.
http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6419&p=61057#p61057
mcfloyd
n00b

Postby calvinmark » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:43 am

I don't know this about this i watch only movies and enjoy our life. Because you don't enjoy life you can't do any thing in life.
calvinmark
n00b

Postby grunker » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:20 am

hi,

i am a really starter about moviesheets.
Probably my post is at wrong topic,but i need help.
i have installed brad firmware 1.05.04-05.1.1 with psycho osd
in S00custom i have set up these:
config_tool -c LINKSHEETS=ON
config_tool -c MSHEETMODE=std
config_tool -c VIDMSHEET=ON
config_tool -c GENMSHEET=ON
config_tool -c LISTMSHEET=ON

these two items were missing from my S00custom file but i have put them into.
config_tool -c SHOW_FILESIZE_SETTING=0
config_tool -c MOVIESHEET_FORCE_STD=ON

now i have started to deal with movie sheets.
I have found taurus35 templates and i like it.
i have a question:
taurus made great genre folder sheet i would liketo use them (if i know it can be used in sheet mode)
but in the genre folders i would like to use trickle mode which can be reached only in standard mode.
Is there any possibility to solve this problem?

my folder structure is the following:
/action/2012/2012.mkv
/action/a-team/a-team.avi
/action/badboys/badboys.avi
/adventure/lordoftherings/lotr1.mkv
/adventure/lordoftherings/lotr2.mkv
/comedy/....and so on

can somebody make a post to understand how to enjoy my plan.

Thanks in advance.
Probably the post could be "moviesheet in two modes for idiots";)(files name, thumbgen setup...)
sorryfor my poor english

one more question:
taurus35 genre folders i miss two genresheets "maffia" and "TV series" . Where can i find a sheet which can be adjusted?

thanks,
grunker
grunker
n00b

Postby oxblood8 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:42 am

Hi all,

I've been trying to get movie sheets up and running tonight but am having no luck at all. I have followed instructions in both this thread and also this one (http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=&t=776). Basically I have setup NFS share back to my iMac which is up and running. I have installed the latest b-rad firmware.

I used ThumbGen to create my movie sheet for Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, with the following folder structure on my iMac (note, not on my external HDD)

--Movies
----Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
------folder.jpg
------Movies_sheet.jpg
------The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.avi
------The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.avi_sheet.jpg
------The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.avi.tgmd
------The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.jpg

I edited my s00custom-options file by uncommenting the following:

## Movie sheet modes (only one can be enabled at a time)
## unless you have sheets for each mode you will encounter oddities switching around modes
## AKA this isn't magic
## Full screen std mode:
#config_tool -c MSHEETMODE=std
## 1280x460 (horizontal banner at top) sheet mode:
config_tool -c MSHEETMODE=sheet
## 500x720 (vertical banner on right) wall mode:
#config_tool -c MSHEETMODE=wall

## turn on moviesheets for a list type (ON/OFF)
## you must turn it on for a view type to see sheets!
## video thumb mode
config_tool -c VIDMSHEET=ON
## audio/photo thumb mode
config_tool -c GENMSHEET=ON
## list mode (video/audio/photo)
config_tool -c LISTMSHEET=ON

I then added this to the very bottom:

config_tool -c LINKSHEETS=ON
config_tool -c SHOW_FILESIZE_SETTING=0
config_tool -c WDTVEXT=OFF

I then placed this file on a USB stick (only file on there), booted up WDTV and it flashed for a bit then i ejected (as instructed in the link i provided above). Plugged in my external HDD and went into my Movies directory (iMac Movies directory, not the external HDD). I have Thumbnail mode selected for display. The thumbnail image works but when I go into the "Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" folder, no movie sheet is displayed.

A few questions:
1. Is this s00custom-options file a "run once" file? Or should I put that in the root of my external drive so it gets read every time I turn on the WDTV?
2. Do I even need to use the s00custom-options file when I can telnet into the WDTV and set the options I want to set as per (http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/How_to_use_Movie_sheets_v2)?
3. Should I just set everything via the web front end?

As you can see I'm very confused so would very much appreciate a push in the right direction.
oxblood8
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:04 am

First off - a sensible question - what version number is this "latest b-rad firmware"? There are at least 3 latest firmwares available...

To answer your questions:
1. It is a run once file
2. You don't need to use it, you can just telnet in and issue the commands yourself
3. Yes, setting via the web interface is encouraged.

All 3 variants have the same outcome -some configuration options will be set in /conf/config.

Now, about Linksheets - the script needs to scan your hard drive for sheets at startup, so you need to plug in your media drive before booting up the wdtv. If you plug in the drive later, you will need to manually run the linksheets command.

Read the wiki article and stick to the recommandations there. If there is anything ambiguous and could be better stated, feel free to edit the wiki.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby oxblood8 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:16 pm

Thanks for the reply, couple of answers.

mad_ady wrote:First off - a sensible question - what version number is this "latest b-rad firmware"? There are at least 3 latest firmwares available...

I am running 1.05.04_V-WDLXTV-Live-0.5.1.1 [flash]

mad_ady wrote:Now, about Linksheets - the script needs to scan your hard drive for sheets at startup, so you need to plug in your media drive before booting up the wdtv. If you plug in the drive later, you will need to manually run the linksheets command.

When I cycle the power on the WDTV I always have my external HDD plugged in. Now, when you say "scan your hard drive for sheets at startup", would this be scanning my external USB for sheets (which i dont have any on there) or will it scan my NFS Share where the movie and movie sheets reside (which is where I want to keep my movies)?

Is there a specific config file and log file on the WDTV that I can have a look at to make sure the settings are actually being set?
oxblood8
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:43 pm

If the NFS share is xmounted at boot time, then yes - it should be scanned.
You can also run the linksheets command after boot to see if the scan is different.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby oxblood8 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:18 pm

Ok I added my movie sheet files to my external HDD just to see if they would work locally, but once i go into the "Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" directory all I see if a black screen.

Here are my settings in webend.

MSHEETMODE - sheet
MSHEETDIR - left blank
DEFAULTSHEET - left blank
GENMSHEET - checked
LISTMSHEET - checked
VIDMSHEET - checked
LINKSHEETS - checked
oxblood8
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Sheet Support & Discussion