movie sheet how to

Everything (else) to do with Movie Sheets and homebrew firmware on the WDTV(s), including how the %*#^ do I get them working?

Re: movie sheet how to   

Postby kagato » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:27 am

Had xmounts for a while now but getting fed up with it to be honest. After bringing it out of standby is rarely shows any content via local drives. Often have to unplug/plug the power cable then it works.

On the other hand network share just plain works, every time, but has the duplicate files bug. Putting a . before the picture file names should hide them right?

Also, any idea why instead of my Movies_sheet being displayed for the Movies folder it instead shows the Two Towers sheet, which happens to be the last sheet alphabetically in that folder?
Heres a screen of the movies folder:

It does this for the other folders as well, showing instead of the A - F_sheet for instance it shows Four Lions which is the last sheet in that folder alphabetically.
kagato
n00b

Postby Buhric » Tue May 01, 2012 1:59 pm

let me guess some things, you are runnoing the lates version of the firmware that Does NOT support the WDTVExt plugin extensions

thus you are running the "linksheets" script

grossly explained, that script will scan and find all files with a "_sheet" in the file name and will associate it with 2 elements,
1. its name without the "_sheet" part
2. the folder containing the file.

so in your case the last file scaned is the Two Tower sheet (it not always the last one alphabetically, but the last one scanned)
so it associates that sheet with the movies and the "Movies" folder

same thing is happenign with you A -F folder...

solution... either mod the script, or use the firmware wit the WDTVExt plugin extensions, or follow other instructions (in this forum) on how to manually link the sheets....
using MSHEETS folder....
Buhric
Global Moderator

Postby phylth » Mon May 07, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi Buhric -- I have the same issue as the last poster; folders are using the last sheet in the folder rather than "foldername_sheet.jpg".

I've spent over a half-hour searching this thread and the forum for instructions on manually linking the sheet to the folder name but haven't located them. Can you point me in the right direction?

I've read and re-read your explanation but I still don't understand why the script is not catching and using the properly named folder sheet. Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave
phylth
n00b

Postby recliq » Tue May 08, 2012 12:17 am

­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby tommycr7 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:16 am

Hi all

I want to flash my WDTV Live and I have a few questions before I do.

I've read as much as I cud in here and my main issue is this.

I have my WDTV Live connected via ethernet in a serverpc (running win7). In there, all my movie and tv series files are stored. They are in various hard disks. In the same network is connected a WDTV live streaming which I have modified with Blackmamba theme.

Lets say in my server pc there are 2 shared hard discs D: and E:.

In D: all folders contain movies (1 in each folder).

E: is divided in 2 parent folders, one of which is named DVD (where my dvd movie copies lie) and the other called TVSeries (where my TVSeries folders lie). In the DVD subfolder each movie has its own folder. In the TVSeries subfolder each series has its own folder and in there each season has its own subfolder. Inside each season subfolder there are either folders with each episode of the season or all (same season episode) files together.

Since I have used Thumbgen to create moviesheets for my WDTV streaming and these are stored inside the folder of each movie or tv episode in the serverpvc, I wud like to save the new moviesheet data (for my WDTV Live) of the same movies and TVseries in a usb stick attached to the WDTV Live. I've read somewhere in here that this is possible.

What is the path name for the usb stick? I mean how shud I structure the usb for the WDTV Live to be able to find the relevant moviesheet data of a certain movie from a shared folder in my serverpc? Where do I tell Thumbgen to save them?

Lets say the movie Avatar is in my D: folder in my serverpc. The path is D:\Avatar\Avatar.mkv. What shud be the path of the new moviesheet data in the usb stick ?

I also want to use a new OSD theme and I gather this shud also be saved in the usb, right?

I intend to flash the WDTV Live with 1.05.04_V_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_LIVE-0.5.1.1. Does it matter that the usb will be attached in the WDTV Live permanetly? Do I have to delete from tthe root directory the 3 files used to flash the player after its done?

Finally, I guess an 8gb usb stick shud be more than enough, right?

Thanks
tommycr7
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:17 am

I want to flash my WDTV Live bla bla WDTV streaming bla bla

WDLXTV is not flashable on the WDTV live streaming: http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/Y_U_NOT_SUPPORT_MY_DEVICE
mad_ady
Developer

Postby tommycr7 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:10 am

I didnt say I want to flash my streaming. I said that about wdtv live. I have both. The streaming I've done it already and is not the case. I'm talking about the WDTV live.

Did you even read what I wrote before banging an answer?
tommycr7
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:05 am

I admit, I stopped reading when I hit streaming :D
Most first time forum users mistake the Live with the Live Streaming and it seemed the same case...

Regarding answers to your questions, here goes:
What is the path name for the usb stick? I mean how shud I structure the usb for the WDTV Live to be able to find the relevant moviesheet data of a certain movie from a shared folder in my serverpc? Where do I tell Thumbgen to save them?

You can find out the path to the usb drive (from the wdtv's point of view) either in the webend mount table (it is something like /tmp/media/USB/...) or by running the mount command via shell.
You can have the moviesheets copied to the USB drive (by enabling Samba sharing in the webend) from the PC (and point thumbgen to that share), or you can leave them in the video's folder and use the linksheets script to automatically detect them. See:
http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/Net.mounts
http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/How_to_use_Movie_sheets_v2

I also want to use a new OSD theme and I gather this shud also be saved in the usb, right?

Yes, put it on the root of the drive and keep the drive connected.

Do I have to delete from tthe root directory the 3 files used to flash the player after its done?

No, or it depends. The player will display the new firmware found message only if the version number is higher than the current version number. If it is the same, it will simply ignore the firmware.

Finally, I guess an 8gb usb stick shud be more than enough, right?

Right.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby tommycr7 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:01 am

Thx a lot for the swift reply.

No worries, I know people often mistake the types of their machines.

Also, I found that if you read a lot about other users experiences beforehand you minimise the risk of bricking it.

And the attempt with the streamer worked perfectly from the start.

For the time being I need to read what you gave me and most propably I'll return.

Thx again.
tommycr7
n00b

Postby jindalsahil34 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:53 am

thanks For Sharing A Lots Of Information...
jindalsahil34
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Sheet Support & Discussion