movie sheet how to

Everything (else) to do with Movie Sheets and homebrew firmware on the WDTV(s), including how the %*#^ do I get them working?

Re: movie sheet how to   

Postby kagato » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:27 am

Tried running the command manually and god this:

Code: Select all
# xmount "//192.168.0.13/Movies" "Movies" cifs "user=WDTV,pass=WDTV"
mount: mounting \\192.168.0.13\Movies on /tmp/media/usb/Movies failed: Permission denied
xmount: xmount //192.168.0.13/Movies Movies cifs user=WDTV,pass=WDTV,iocharset=utf8,ro FAILED WTF?!?

Interesting.

[Edit] Using guest account with no pass worked!
kagato
n00b

Postby gregy1403 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:43 am

hi guys

Noobie here but practical noobie :) i took a apicture of my "problem" :)

How to remove icons on the bottom so i can list full details?

My movies are all in directory Movies with subdirectories for each movie

Thank you in advance

gregy1403
n00b

Postby RavRob » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:21 pm

You are in sheet mode using sheet layout jpg. You sould use a sheet template to allow for the thumbs at the bottom without hiding the info or switch to STD mode (fastest way) this will hide all thumbs behind the sheet.
Windows 10
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
Kodi - The Future of Television
RavRob
Supporter

Postby gregy1403 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:20 pm

Thank you very much .. works like a charm. May i have a final question? :)

When i'm on a sheet and i press enter i get displayed all file sin this folder (pics and avi). Is there a command to say "on sheet on enter play" ..

thank you
gregy1403
n00b

Postby recliq » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:43 am

No but you can press PLAY on the folder instead of ENTER to play all files in that folder.
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby mcfloyd » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:59 pm

trying to get xmount to work without a usb stick.
went into telnet to /tmp/conf/ used vi to create my net.mounts file since i had no idea how to upload it (it also didnt work with the web interface)
created the file and doesnt show the file systems it is supposed to.

would like to not have a usb stick connected to the wdtv permanently for a file with 2 lines in it.
mcfloyd
n00b

Postby mcfloyd » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:03 pm

also on an unrelated note for some reason it isnt picking up all the the movie sheets in my collection.
it seems to be random which movie sheets it isnt finding (screen is black), but the files are definitely there.
i apologize if this has been answered before.
mcfloyd
n00b

Postby gosherm » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:15 pm

mcfloyd wrote:also on an unrelated note for some reason it isnt picking up all the the movie sheets in my collection.
it seems to be random which movie sheets it isnt finding (screen is black), but the files are definitely there.

I just spent the last couple of hours searching for an answer to this exact question (after spending several evenings getting MSHEETS working at all over the network). Turns out, it was a permissions problem on my NAS... for some reason, several of the files didn't have the proper permissions to be read. I discovered it by trying to copy the contents of the /msheets folder to my USB drive (cp -r /msheets /tmp/mnt/{GUID}/) and getting all kinds of "cp: cannot open `{filename}` for reading: Permission denied" errors. That's when the lightbulb went off in my head.

Anyway, try copying the files that aren't working (or all of them) to somewhere else from the shell console...
gosherm
n00b

Postby mcfloyd » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:10 am

gosherm wrote:
mcfloyd wrote:also on an unrelated note for some reason it isnt picking up all the the movie sheets in my collection.

I just spent the last couple of hours searching for an answer to this exact question (after spending several evenings getting MSHEETS working at all over the network). Turns out, it was a permissions problem on my NAS... for some reason, several of the files didn't have the proper permissions to be read. I discovered it by trying to copy the contents of the /msheets folder to my USB drive (cp -r /msheets /tmp/mnt/{GUID}/) and getting all kinds of "cp: cannot open `{filename}` for reading: Permission denied" errors. That's when the lightbulb went off in my head.

Anyway, try copying the files that aren't working (or all of them) to somewhere else from the shell console...

Yeah, I actually figured out that the reason this wasn't working for me was because I didn't specify in the thumb creator program to set max file size to 500kb. nooby mistake.
still don't know why i cant get the net.mounts on the device instead of a flash drive though. seems like a waste of an 8gb flash drive for a 1kb file...
mcfloyd
n00b

Postby KAD » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:30 am

the flash drive is so that WD will give you a USBx menu

net.mounts runs just fine from /conf but you will not be able to access it, unless the WD gives you the USBx menu
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Sheet Support & Discussion