[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
movie sheet how to

movie sheet how to

Everything (else) to do with Movie Sheets and homebrew firmware on the WDTV(s), including how the %*#^ do I get them working?

movie sheet how to   

Postby fits79 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:48 am

How the movie sheets work on wd tv live in simple words.

A lot of thanks
fits79
BANNED

Re: movie sheet how to   

Postby Buhric » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:49 pm

Last edited by Buhric on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Movie Sheets: -
Buhric
Global Moderator

Postby SeaParrot » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:00 pm

Buhric,

Great job. Fantastic write-up! Thanks for taking the time to lay it out so well.
This will be very useful to people struggling to get MovieSheets working. Lots of great tips there.

SeaParrot
SeaParrot
n00b

Postby NoSubstitute » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:06 pm

Buhric,
great guide, but i'd suggest your edit your post to clarify how you actually access your media files when "xmounting".
Not all users can be expected to know how to xmount or where to find the files. Else, insert a reference to where in the wiki that info can be found.
There is !
NoSubstitute
Beta Tester

Postby Buhric » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:57 am

Thanks,

I also updated it with more explanations for xmount
Buhric
Global Moderator

Postby Angel_de » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:09 am

The way i understood it ... moviesheets have changed with brad's newest firmware (1.02.21_B-RAD.CC_EXT3-BOOT_LIVE-0.4.1.9-9.1 and later)

Is this correct? .. Or is the moviesheet manual still valid for the newest firmware ?
Angel_de
Donor

Postby Buhric » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:55 am

@Angel_de

Well I din't install the latest betas from B-Rad,
BUt reading the post he made... it does look like he modified the "linksheets" script

Now, instead of scanning the full drive for the sheets at mount time,
it scan a folder at when you access that folder.
This makes to boot time of the WDTVLive a lot faster for users that have a lot of movies.
But all Moviesheets will need to be in the same folder as the movie, and all Folder Sheet also at the same level of the folder.
Buhric
Global Moderator

Postby b-rad.cc » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:58 am

i haven't done this yet. it is planned very soon. When i do that though i will still leave you the option of central moviesheet repository location ;)
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby Buhric » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:12 am

Thanks B-Rad...

I was actualyy looking at the forums again to see where exactly i read that... could'nt find it anymore.

So for now, v0.4.1.9-9.3 still has the same MovieSheets behaviours than 0.4.1.9-6 ?
Buhric
Global Moderator

Postby Socram » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:23 am

I'm curious if the naming convention mentioned by Buhric holds true for every version of the WDTV. My Gen2 doesn't react to the "..._sheet.jpg"-scheme.
It only displays moviesheets for folders with a "wd-tv.jpg" (or similar, not at home atm) inside. This leads to the problem that I can't seem to connect a concrete movie file (i.e. xyz.mkv) to a moviesheet.
Socram
DLX'er

Next

Return to Movie Sheet Support & Discussion