[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
LINKSHEETS for IDIOTS

LINKSHEETS for IDIOTS

Everything (else) to do with Movie Sheets and homebrew firmware on the WDTV(s), including how the %*#^ do I get them working?

Re: LINKSHEETS for IDIOTS   

Postby KAD » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:20 pm

sounds like you downloaded the wrong firmware

2 basic types, flashed version such as:
1.03.39_B_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_PLUS-0.4.3.1

non-flashed version:
1.03.39_B_WDLXTV.COM_EXT3-BOOT_PLUS-0.4.3.1

the non-flahsed version is for those willing to take more risk as it provides read & write capability to the entire firmware

since you're just starting out with WDLXTV, I'd recommend staying with the flashed version, till you know what you're doing

as for moviesheets, I'd read up on linksheets, they must be enabled, naming conventions must be exact, and file size must be less than 512kb
easiest way to enable is the webfront end
from internet browser on a computer type <IP address of your plus>
default user/password is wdlxtv : wdlxtv
most settings can be enabled/disabled this way

KAD
If you like my work please consider a Donation.
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions!
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby jcthorne » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:01 am

jcthorne
Donor

Postby dakial » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:38 am

dakial
Donor

Postby jcthorne » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:35 am

I did get movie sheets working again. First, I did not configure my USB drive with seperate folders for each movie. All my movies are in 720pHD and stored as mp4s. All my movies are stored on one directory together along with the thumbnails, moviesheet and metadata files.

Television shows, music and photos are in seperate directory structures.

The problem with my movie sheets is I inadvertantly created a new FOLDER in the same directory as the movies and it had 3 movies in that folder. Once I deleted the nested folder and the movies will again in a flat file, all works again.
jcthorne
Donor

Postby AlpineMan » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:42 am

I can display movie sheets for both of my Live and Plus units using the following config:

config_tool -c LINKSHEETS=ON
config_tool -c SHOW_FILESIZE_SETTING=0
config_tool -c MSHEETMODE=std
config_tool -c VIDMSHEET=ON
config_tool -c GENMSHEET=ON
config_tool -c LISTMSHEET=ON
config_tool -c MSHEETDIR=/tmp/media/usb/Movies/ZZZ

The thing is though, I can see moviesheets on Live for both Thumbnail and List modes, but I can only see moviesheets on Plus when it's in Thumbnail. I prefer using List mode for both units. Is there anything I'm missing on the Plus to make moviesheets working in List mode?

Thanks.
AlpineMan
n00b

Postby kgee » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:21 pm

I've read through the entire thread and can't get this to work. I previously set this up on my WDTV Live which I gave to brother-in-law. Now I bought two pluses and get the sheets working. Do the commands in the custom file need to be listed is a specific order? And just to confirm, when I flash the firmware using a thumb drive and have the custom file on the stick, does it replace the file used on the unit? I haven't tried connecting via SSH or any other utility as I don't remember having to do so last time.
(2) WD TV Live Plus
kgee
n00b

Postby ltworf13 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:22 pm

ltworf13
n00b

Postby kgee » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:06 pm

(2) WD TV Live Plus
kgee
n00b

Postby gilgamesh_48 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:18 pm

3. make sure the usb stick is format to fat 32. and make sure you plug the usb in the back of the usb drive not the side. I'm not sure why but I've had more success with the back. Could be a coincidence but none the less use the back.

I have actually had the reverse experience: I have found that the side port is often the only one that will allow the movie sheet setup to work.

From my experience combined with what was reported above I would say that if you are having trouble getting the sheets to work using one port; then try the other. It couldn't hurt.
Old dog; Places to go, things to do, people to sniff.
gilgamesh_48
WDTVer

Postby kgee » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:38 pm

I was finally able to get my sheets working and wanted to say thanks for the tips. In the end I'm not sure what did it as I played with so many settings and updated the firmware from 4.3.1 to 4.3.2 but I'm a happy camper nonetheless.
(2) WD TV Live Plus
kgee
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Sheet Support & Discussion