LINKSHEETS for IDIOTS

Everything (else) to do with Movie Sheets and homebrew firmware on the WDTV(s), including how the %*#^ do I get them working?

Re: LINKSHEETS for IDIOTS   

Postby sdotech01 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:32 am

KAD wrote:just delete the S00 and reboot

edit: by the way, I decided to try the new linksheet script
and it works just fine here, no issues
no need to specifiy UUID to scan, etc
it just works

the reason i specify the uuid on mine is because it sees the drive as /tmp/media/usb/WDLXTV/ and then it changes to /tmp/media/usb/usb2/ and none of the symlinks would match since they were to a path that didn't exist. so i had to specify in my S00. this is copy paste of the code recliq gave me to try.

Code: Select all
#!/bin/sh
chmod a+x /conf/linksheets.pl
mount --bind /conf/linksheets.pl /usr/bin/linksheets
( sleep 20 && linksheets /tmp/mnt/EEE0B450E0B420AF; linksheets /tmp/mnt/01CD17DD70F15D90 ) &

maybe my drives are just too big. sigh. oh well. the slow way works just fine i was just hoping to speed this up. it takes so long to scan about 5tbs of movies and tv shows.
sdotech01
Donor

Postby KAD » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:53 am

I doubt it has anything to do with hdd size

I've got about 8TB all mounted via NFS

only thing I did differently was use the ext3 firmware version and just replaced the existing linksheets script with the perl version
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby sdotech01 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:32 pm

KAD wrote:I doubt it has anything to do with hdd size

I've got about 8TB all mounted via NFS

only thing I did differently was use the ext3 firmware version and just replaced the existing linksheets script with the perl version

maybe that's it. i have 5tb plugged in locally, also i am using the flash version.
sdotech01
Donor

Postby droopie » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:43 pm

what is the command to enable/disable the early boot scan for usb moviesheets? i remember seeing a command in a wiki or how to thread here but cant find it in my history. its for using a repo and booting the repo earlier but i cant find it anywhere.
droopie
WDTVer

Postby caroleday » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:01 pm

this is a guide for idiots but i'm the worst for not being able to get it right
caroleday
n00b

Postby sansom » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:41 am

karamazovapy wrote:
3) Organize your videos so that each file is in its own folder. Each folder should have the same name as the video inside it, but without the extension. (Ex. "BestMovie.1080p.2010.BluRay.mkv" goes in the folder called "BestMovie.1080p.2010.BluRay") These folders can all go in your larger "Awesome Movies" folder or whatever else. (movies in individual dirs is personal preference)

OK, so I searched on this first, but you try searching the word 'the' and see how that works for you. My question is regarding movies that begin with the word THE. I had been leaving the word THE in the movie file title, but was only stripping it out of the folder it was in. So for instance the movie THE AVENGERS, I had the file The Avengers.mkv in the folder Avengers. However looking at doing Linksheets I see that #3 on the instructions is to name the folder the same as the movie folder. So either I'm going to end up with most of my movies sorted alphabetically ending up under the letter T (The), or I'm going to purposely be misnaming my movie files (removing the word THE not just from the folder buy also from the file Avengers.mkv).

So open question. How is everyone else dealing with movie titles that begin with THE?
sansom
n00b

Postby kroetkroet » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:03 am

I haven't got any issues with "the" as starting in movie folders, however I ticked the option "keywords in foldername"?
WDLXTV-fan! - In case you need further assistance: read our WIKI, search our Forum and most of all: donate 'something' to b-rad for his great efforts!!!
kroetkroet
Beta Tester

Postby berdine3 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:26 pm

I have a question. all my movie sheets work great on my hard drive when it's hooked up to my live plus, but when I hook the hard drive to my computer and stream the movies to the live plus, the movie sheets don't show up.
berdine3
n00b

Postby recliq » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:47 pm

Linkheets don't work in Network Shares you need to xmount the share and access it via Local Media.
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby berdine3 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:29 pm

Thanks, been messing with it tonight.

What if I hook the drive directly to the wd live, will it work if I use another wd live in another room to access the media from the 1st wd live?

Im trying to stream my movies from my tv room, to living room, and bedroom. I have 2 wd live's now. planning a third.
berdine3
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Sheet Support & Discussion