LINKSHEETS for IDIOTS

Everything (else) to do with Movie Sheets and homebrew firmware on the WDTV(s), including how the %*#^ do I get them working?

Re: LINKSHEETS for IDIOTS   

Postby KAD » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:22 pm

S99 ???

why not S00user-script

S00 will run first
S99 will run last

This may be your problem
I'd have too see the logs to be sure

But linksheets runs automatically at boot & any time a drive is mounted
So bash ver of linksheets is starting
Then your S99user-script is replacing the linksheet script with the new perl version
Again Linksheets has already started
Then your S99user-script is starting the perl ver of the script
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby recliq » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:35 am

Try this as your /conf/S00user-script (delete the S99user-script)
Code: Select all
#!/bin/sh
chmod a+x /conf/linksheets.pl
mount --bind /conf/linksheets.pl /usr/bin/linksheets
( sleep 20 && linksheets /tmp/mnt/EEE0B450E0B420AF; linksheets /tmp/mnt/01CD17DD70F15D90 ) &
Last edited by KAD on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: code tags
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby KAD » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:30 am

@recliq,

I'm in disbelief, did you really post without code tags , LOL :P
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby recliq » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:23 am

:oops: :oops: :oops:
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby sdotech01 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:56 am

ok. thank you guys. i will give this a shot today. hopefully this works. also, is there a limit to the amount of sheets that can exist in the msheetdir? since it's on the wdtv i assume space is limited to the amount of available memory on the device. i was reading up on creating the msheetdir in a diff location so that it could become as large as it needs to be but i thought i read something about scripts not working with a configured msheetdir so i would basically have to move my sheets manually into the msheetdir to use that option.
sdotech01
Donor

Postby recliq » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:59 am

/msheets only contains symlinks to your sheet files, they don't need much space.
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby sdotech01 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:44 am

recliq wrote:/msheets only contains symlinks to your sheet files, they don't need much space.

ok. thank you for the reply. will reply back with status of updated S00user-script.
sdotech01
Donor

Postby sdotech01 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:56 am

ok so i tested the new script and it works amazingly. all my movies show up and most of my tv shows. it's weird that the last few folders of tv shows don't get their sheets for the folders or videos during the scan. even if i manually run the script the folders don't get scanned. other than that the script works perfectly. thank you for all your help. i will have to keep playing with the drive, maybe a format might help the drive but i need another drive first to backup my tv shows.
sdotech01
Donor

Postby sdotech01 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:15 am

how do i restore the original linksheets script. after i power cycle my wdtv the sheets go back to the incorrect path and unless i putty in and delete the /msheets/* and then manually run the script again i have no sheets. can i just remove the linksheets.pl and the S00 and will it restore the original linksheets script or does this "mount --bind /conf/linksheets.pl /usr/bin/linksheets" change the original linksheets script forever?
sdotech01
Donor

Postby KAD » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:22 am

just delete the S00 and reboot

edit: by the way, I decided to try the new linksheet script
and it works just fine here, no issues
no need to specifiy UUID to scan, etc
it just works
KAD
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Sheet Support & Discussion