[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
LINKSHEETS for IDIOTS

LINKSHEETS for IDIOTS

Everything (else) to do with Movie Sheets and homebrew firmware on the WDTV(s), including how the %*#^ do I get them working?

Re: LINKSHEETS for IDIOTS   

Postby karamazovapy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:59 pm

Best Game Ever - http://www.bitfighter.org
karamazovapy
Donor

Postby dakial » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:52 pm

So, it seems I'm more idiot than the average here, because I'm having problems.

I did everything right, the thumbgen well configured, all the files in the folders, same video file name as the folder, the sheets with the same name as the video only with " _sheet.jpg" at the end. Everything ok.

Then I rebooted the WD LIVE Plus with this lines in the S00custom-options

=====================
##Linksheets
config_tool -c LINKSHEETS=ON

## Movie sheet modes (only one can be enabled at a time)
## unless you have sheets for each mode you will encounter oddities switching around modes
## AKA this isn't magic
## Full screen std mode:
config_tool -c MSHEETMODE=std
## 1280x460 (horizontal banner at top) sheet mode:
#config_tool -c MSHEETMODE=sheet
## 500x720 (vertical banner on right) wall mode:
#config_tool -c MSHEETMODE=wall

## turn on moviesheets for a list type (ON/OFF)
## you must turn it on for a view type to see sheets!
## video thumb mode
config_tool -c VIDMSHEET=ON
## audio/photo thumb mode
#config_tool -c GENMSHEET=ON
## list mode (video/audio/photo)
#config_tool -c LISTMSHEET=ON
==============

Display file size = OFF at config and options to show thumbs.

What happened:
- Nothing at first.
- Then the sheets appeared from nowhere, I was happy, enjoyed them, and turned off the WD.
- The other day they were gone. Only thumbs appeared again. Sheets nowhere to be seen. :(

WD firmware: 1.03.39_B.WDLXTV-PLUS-0.4.3.2
The videos (and sheets) are stored in a NAS (DNS-323)

What am I doing wrong here? Any Ideas? :?:

Thanks!
dakial
Donor

Postby recliq » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:25 am

depending on how many sheets/movies you have it can take quite a while for the linksheets script to finish...
wait until all the LEDs stopped blinking before trying to browse the sheets...
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (, , ) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby karamazovapy » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:02 pm

Yeah, the linksheets script actually takes a little while to scan your devices and propagate in general. Since you were missing sheets, then had them, then lost them without really changing any settings, it suggests that you're doing something different in usage as opposed to a flaw in setup.
Best Game Ever - http://www.bitfighter.org
karamazovapy
Donor

Postby dakial » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:20 pm

dakial
Donor

Postby imdebo96 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:56 pm

So I followed this guide and got the sheets to work after a little bit of practice, thanks for the info.

Got a couple of questions.

Is there anyway to change the name of the USB drives and add a photo to them? Right now when I go to local folders (most of my stuff is on HD's connected right to the WDTV), I get the two choices of USB1 and USB2, but they are just black icons, and a black background. Very boring looking. How can I make these into movie sheet type looks and can I rename them USB's to Movies or TV or anything else?

Also, I have a poor setup, but I have a hard drive filled with movies and TV. When I browse through the Movies Folder, I then have seperate folders for HD, Documentaries, Action, Horror , etc... Similar to the USB icons, these icons are all black with a black ground (where the movie sheet would be). I have tried adding a folder.jpg picture in them, or HD.jpg (same name as the folder) and no image appears. If I go into one of the folders though, the moviesheets work as they are supposed to.

If anyone can decipher what I am trying to accomplish, and can't offer assistance it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for all the useful info here!!

EDIT: Is there any way to include a "timeout" in the moviesheets? Meaning, I found that when browsing through the sheets, the icons for the movies (at the bottom) would cover up some of the text that is on the movie sheet. It would be neat if those icon's would disappear if you sat one one specific movie sheet for 3 seconds or so. Then once you hit left or right, the movies would show back up and it would continue on to the next movie. Is this possible or already available?
imdebo96
Donor

Postby antonio152 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:10 pm

thanks karamazovapy: It took 3 days ,,, it was hard for me, be couse my english is bad, :D
antonio152
n00b

Postby ltworf13 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:11 am

EDIT: Is there any way to include a "timeout" in the moviesheets? Meaning, I found that when browsing through the sheets, the icons for the movies (at the bottom) would cover up some of the text that is on the movie sheet. It would be neat if those icon's would disappear if you sat one one specific movie sheet for 3 seconds or so. Then once you hit left or right, the movies would show back up and it would continue on to the next movie. Is this possible or already available?[/quote]

if you are using ThumbGen then you can try different templates. I use ESP_MUGA_SHEET which you can google a download. The template is specific for thumgen and pushes all the detail info above the thumbnails so you can see everything nicely
ltworf13
n00b

Postby ltworf13 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:54 am

ltworf13
n00b

Postby dallanlee » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:59 am

Hi everyone! So I am brand new to this world of hacked WDTVs. I just found out about all of this last night yet I've owned WDTVs for about a year. I started with the original HD then the Live and now the Live Plus. I have been happy with just having a "factory defaults" WDTV but now that I know what can be done to it, I am anxious to figure it out. I've done a lot of modding and stuff before, like with iPhones, XBOXes and computers, but I am new to the WDlxTV world. :shock: I've learned about B-Rad and I think he's amazing.

However, one of the problems I'm running into is that I don't even know where to start. I've never done forums before. I've read through plenty of forums before, but I don't really know how to navigate them very well. I thought this one for "idiots" would help but I need something that shows me "the VERY BEGINNING" of what to do. I've also learned that hacking the Live Plus is still a little sketchy with some things compared to the Live. So, I'm starting with the harder device and I have zero knowledge. Are there any great teachers out there that get satisfaction out of helping a protege? I know I am one of those "teachers" when it comes to areas that I am learned. I like to teach others but this is not the case with WDlxTV. So for those who are willing and able, please help me first to know which custom firmware I should have installed. I got 4.3.1 and after updating, it was obvious my Live Plus was hacked. But when I downloaded 4.3.2 and extracted it, I only got:
orig.images,
Changelog,
net.mounts,
README,
root.bin,
and S00custom-options.

I don't see the .ver, .fff, or .bin like I do in the 4.3.1 firmware I downloaded. So when I put the 4.3.2 files on a flash drive, the Live Plus doesn't recognize an available update. Once I have the right firmware, I want to get the movie sheets set up but I'm not even ready for that yet..

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help in any way. Thank you all for your patience and understanding. If I'm on the wrong discussion or whatnot, just let me know what to do or where to go. I chose this forum because I was trying to get movie sheets to work but I have been unsuccessful. Thank you!
dallanlee
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Sheet Support & Discussion