Cover Trickle

everything to do with Movie Sheet templates

Re: Cover Trickle   

Postby DjPhreeze » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:04 pm

As much as I loved this template I went with 'Brightly 720p' instead - purely just because I didn't enjoy having to process the new movie aswell as 9 films either side to get it to look right.
Personal preference of course, but due to the rate I update my collection it just wasn't worth the time.
DjPhreeze
WDTVer

Postby jonesad24 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:53 pm

DjPhreeze wrote:As much as I loved this template I went with 'Brightly 720p' instead - purely just because I didn't enjoy having to process the new movie aswell as 9 films either side to get it to look right.
Personal preference of course, but due to the rate I update my collection it just wasn't worth the time.

Oh so there isn't a quicker way? That's disappointing.
jonesad24
WDTVer

Postby DjPhreeze » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:34 pm

As far as I know, No. I could be wrong however.
DjPhreeze
WDTVer

Postby mad_ady » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:00 pm

Every movie sheet is a picture that is generated statically. If you change the order of your movies, you'd have to regenerate the sheets as well to keep the cover trickle functioning.
IMHO, it's overkill, that's why I'm not using it. You can always use regular sheets, that don't depend on previous/next videos to keep things manageable.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby pureownages » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:05 am

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of problems setting this up. I am on the latest FW Base 1.05.04 ver 0.5.1.1 for WDLXTV_PLUS

I have the following:

Battleship 720p (Folder)
Battleship 720p.jpg (thumbnail)
Battleship 720p.mkv
Battleship 720p.mkv.tgmd
Battleship 720p.mkv_sheet.sheet.jpg
Battleship 720p.nfo
folder.jpg

I telnet into WDTVLIVE+ and did a config_tool -c MSHEETMODE=std

I went into OSD in WEC and in movesheets, Standard is the MSHEETMODE, GENMSHEET, LISTMSHEET, VIDMSHEET, and LINKSHEETS are enabled. I power cycled the box.

When it boots up, I navigate to network share > NAS > login > Movies > Battleship but no pics are showing. only default bg
pureownages
n00b

Postby recliq » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:14 am

1) You configures STD mode but your movie sheet is explicitly for SHEET mode. Rename it to either of these:
Code: Select all
Battleship 720p.mkv_sheet.std.jpg
Battleship 720p.mkv_sheet.jpg

2) Doing the above will still not get you what you expect. You have to generate sheets (trickle sheets) for the folders if you have sorted your movies in their own folders.
So your're missing a sheet with one of these names:
Battleship 720p_sheet.std.jpg
Battleship 720p_sheet.jpg
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby pureownages » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:40 am

recliq wrote:1) You configures STD mode but your movie sheet is explicitly for SHEET mode. Rename it to either of these:
Battleship 720p.mkv_sheet.std.jpg
Battleship 720p.mkv_sheet.jpg

2) Doing the above will still not get you what you expect. You have to generate sheets (trickle sheets) for the folders if you have sorted your movies in their own folders.
So your're missing a sheet with one of these names:
Battleship 720p_sheet.std.jpg
Battleship 720p_sheet.jpg

Thank you sooo much Recliq!! Much appreciated.

I went through a few pages (out of the 45 lol) and I saw someone mention that if you want to use Cover Trickle, you need to do twice the amount of work? (e.g. first create the sheets if there aren't any, then re-create them for the trickle effect). i experimented with this for the past hour and I have come to the same conclusion.

I did get the trickle working but with some tweaking.

My folder structure is like this:

Videos --> Movies --> Battleship 720p.mkv
              The Avengers 720p.mkv
              Underworld Awakening 720p.mkv
              ...etc

I did not put each file in its own folder.

I first created all the movie sheets, then re-created them to get the trickle effect. Then I moved all the files (except movie files itself) to another folder on another drive. I set the MSHEETDIR to that location. I then had to add a period "." to beginning of each file (".Battleship 720p.jpg", ".Battleship 720p.nfo", ".Battleship 720p.mkv.tgmd", and ".Battleship 720p.mkv_sheet.jpg")

If I don't add a period, it causes a problem when its displayed on my TV. If I continue to do it this way, I'll have to write a mini program to add "." to the beginning of each .jpg, nfo, tgmd, and sheet.jpg file and remove the "." when I'm adding new movies so that ThumbGen picks it up as an existing one instead of re-creating it. That way I'd only have to create sheets for the new movie and re-create it again for the trickle effect.

Is this a feasible approach? or do you suggest a better one?
pureownages
n00b

Postby recliq » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:02 am

You can add the dot to the filename in TG.
eg. Options -> Input/Output Naming -> Thumbnail
$M\$N

becomes
$M\.$N
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby pureownages » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:16 am

recliq wrote:You can add the dot to the filename in TG.
eg. Options -> Input/Output Naming -> Thumbnail
$M\$N

becomes
$M\.$N

Oh damn lol I'm an idiot.. Well good thing I did the 'I'm feeling lucky' mode to test everything.

Other than that recliq, is everything else I mentioned supposed to be the way it is? I know there's a couple ways of doing this (1 movie per folder, etc) but I wanted to know if what I did is another good approach so that other newbies can use this as a reference.

1) Throw all movie files in one folder
2) Create a MSHEETDIR directory on another folder separate from the one containing all movies.
3) In thumbgen options
General: Tick Thumbnail, Movie info, Main moviesheet, and Main/Extra moviesheet metadata checkboxes
Input/Output Naming:
Thumbnail: $M\.$N (comes out to ".Battlefield 720p.jpg)
Movieinfo import/export: $M\.$N (comes out to ".Battlefield 720p.nfo")
Main moviesheet:$M\.$N$E_sheet (comes out to ".Battlefield 720p.mkv_sheet.jpg")
Main/extra metadata: $M\.$N$E (comes out to ".Battlefield 720p.mkv.tgmd")

4) create all sheets, then transfer to the MSHEETDIR folder.
5) make sure WD is set to STD
6) make sure WD video setting is set to Thumbnail display
7) make sure the config file has the following:
MSHEETMODE=std
GENMSHEET=on
LISTMSHEET=on
VIDMSHEET=on
LINKSHEETS=on
WDTVEXT=off
SHOW_FILESIZE_SETTING=0

Thanks again for all the help. God bless you!
pureownages
n00b

Postby pureownages » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:50 am

hmm i just thought of something.

now say you created trickle sheets for 20 movies already...and down the road you add another 2 movies and they are sorted alphabetically and these 2 movies appear in the middle.. since the trickle sheets are already created for the previous movies, how does it work for the new movies?
pureownages
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Sheet Templates