Cover Trickle

everything to do with Movie Sheet templates

Re: Cover Trickle   

Postby DjPhreeze » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Hi Buhric ;)

It would seem I have made the somewhat silly mistake of generating all my movie sheets, and then realising that my file/sheet names are not the same as my folder so I am now (manually!!! ARGHH!) changing all the folder names to match but get the feeling that when it loads on the WDTV they will all be out of order so the 'cover trickle' effect wont work :cry: (I dont know this for sure, just a feeling!).

I quickly tried to enable coversheets yesterday, despite only having about 15% of the collection done correctly (folder/file/sheet name matching and commands sent via SSH) but it didnt seem to work on first glance.

I am using a WDTV-Live (the grey box) and will post back further when I have re-named everything correctly!

Thanks,

G.
DjPhreeze
WDTVer

Postby DjPhreeze » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:11 am

Okay, I have manually renamed every folder to match the movie inside, but have now deleted all the TG sheets and info as I feel it would be best to re-generate from scratch.

What I wanted to know is that as I am always adding to my movie collection, do I then to need re-generate all the surrounding sheets as and when I add new films? I guess I probably do.
DjPhreeze
WDTVer

Postby recliq » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:10 am

yes, but you only need to regenerate the folder sheets for the surrounding movies, you don't need to create the thumbs and the movie sheet.

I'd suggest to create different profiles in TG for different tasks, by doing so it's quite easy to update whatever you want without wasting time for rendering sheets you don't need to update.
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby DjPhreeze » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:53 pm

Thanks, I'll give that a go!
I'm gunna leave it on automatic overnight generating all the sheets from scratch and then go thru and edit (get English poster etc ...) for the ones I need to :-)
DjPhreeze
WDTVer

Postby DjPhreeze » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:53 pm

recliq wrote:yes, but you only need to regenerate the folder sheets for the surrounding movies, you don't need to create the thumbs and the movie sheet.

I'd suggest to create different profiles in TG for different tasks, by doing so it's quite easy to update whatever you want without wasting time for rendering sheets you don't need to update.

Hmmm - I just read this post ~~> http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=919&start=390#p49064 <~~ and am now wondering what naming method I should be using ...
I have been following the thread 'Linksheets for idots' where the name of the folder, sheet, thumbnail are all the same name;
Avatar.DVD.20xx.avi.sheet.avi <~~ Sheet (or similar - don't have the 'idiot' thread open atm.)

So now I am little confused ...
DjPhreeze
WDTVer

Postby recliq » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:11 am

Since I haven't posted links to this wiki page for at least a week (haven't really checked, just a feeling)..
http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/How_to_use_Movie_sheets_v2#Moviesheet_Naming_Conventions
and
http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/How_to_use_Movie_sheets_v2#Example_File_Structures

Note: The additional .sheet/.std/.wall part can be ommitted if you use only one sheetmode. So the first example would also be valid for std or wall mode regarding filenames. See Moviesheet Naming Conventions for search order.
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby DjPhreeze » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:14 am

Result! Got my sheets working, and they look great displayed on the TV ... but a couple of questions (I've looked in the Wiki, didnt see an answer/reference!);

(Only got them working around 9pm last night so didnt really have chance to play that much!)

1) Is it possible to remap the remote so instead of using up/down to scroll through movies I can use the left and right keys (as I am used to?)

2) The sheets seem to be displaying out of order ... ? ... I guess this is to do with the way that windows will sequence my folders, and how the WDTV does. For example when scrolling through the first 10 of so the next film on the cover trickle is 'A Bronx Tale' but when I move onto that sheet it displays something else and Bronx Tale is shown (in the trickle) as about 3 sheets back?! How can I correct this? (I guess I will also have to re-generate sheets which isnt a problem).

Thanks again guys - surprisingly easy to set-up when you take a few moments out.
DjPhreeze
WDTVer

Postby mad_ady » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 am

#1 will only work with EIRI and with a different remote. You would need to always remap your keys the other way around, and they will behave that way everywhere in the system... Not sure this is what you want.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby DjPhreeze » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:53 am

Thanks for the answer - I will leave it be for now until I have the moviesheets perfect!
DjPhreeze
WDTVer

Postby jonesad24 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:02 pm

I have been using this for a while now and it works great. The only problem I have is whenever I add a new movie I have to process all the movies again because if I don't the thumbs that scroll across the bottom are not in the correct order. I don't bother putting the movies in folders I have them setup like this ;

Apollo 18.avi
Apollo 18.avi.tgmd
Apollo 18.avi_sheet
Apollo 18 (This is thumb)
Apollo 18 (This is system info file)
Battle Los Angeles.avi
Battle Los Angeles.avi.tgmd
Battle Los Angeles.avi_sheet
Battlle Los Angeles (This is thumb)
Battle Los Angeles (This is system info file)

Now I'm using Buhric - CoverTrickle - Current Folder

Now if I was to add Batman for example it would be situated between Apollo 18 and Battle Los Angeles but according to the Apollo 18 sheet Battle Los Angeles would be next, So rather than me having to process the whole 200 plus movies in the folder is there a work around??

I have tried processing a batch of movies using create from metadata but it just stays on processing and nothing happens.

Cheers for any help.
jonesad24
WDTVer

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Sheet Templates