any transparent templates to be used with Moviesheets+

everything to do with Movie Sheet templates

any transparent templates to be used with Moviesheets+   

Postby perfectdark » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:17 am

Does anyone have any transparent templates to be used with Moviesheets+ in STD mode?

Cheers
perfectdark
n00b

Re: any transparent templates to be used with Moviesheets+   

Postby recliq » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:23 am

STD mode templates are intended to be fullscreen images, why would you want a transparent one?
What do you want to shine through? I think the only templates with transparency are comming with the respecting ms+ themes.
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby perfectdark » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:32 am

the bottom of the folder sheet needs to be transparent to show through the video animations from the theme
perfectdark
n00b

Postby recliq » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:57 am

You normaly don't use folder sheets in STD mode...
You browse the folders in the same view as without sheets (hence the name std mode) and only display the sheet for the files (inside the folders).

Whatever MS+ implements this is the way it was desigend to work.
:ugeek:
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby perfectdark » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:13 am

recliq wrote:You normaly don't use folder sheets in STD mode...
You browse the folders in the same view as without sheets (hence the name std mode) and only display the sheet for the files (inside the folders).

Whatever MS+ implements this is the way it was desigend to work.
:ugeek:

I am aware whatever MS+ implements is the way its suppose to be. Thats exactly what I am trying to do. See picture below which is STD mode viewing thumbs and having the folder sheet transparent in the background, this is straight from Markster of Moviesheets+. I am just looking for any new or differnt templates

perfectdark
n00b

Postby KAD » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:29 pm

that's not standard mode at all

that is a nice template, I'd guess MS+

but standard mode is actually designed to have the moviesheets cover all the thumbnails, so that you can't see them
that image is the exact opposite

but it is an interesting idea, I wonder if recliq or anybody wants to add the option
basically thumbnail <image image= blah blah would get a bg=0"
and the moviesheets <image image= would get a bg="1"

KAD
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby perfectdark » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:02 am

KAD wrote:that's not standard mode at all

that is a nice template, I'd guess MS+

but standard mode is actually designed to have the moviesheets cover all the thumbnails, so that you can't see them
that image is the exact opposite

but it is an interesting idea, I wonder if recliq or anybody wants to add the option
basically thumbnail <image image= blah blah would get a bg=0"
and the moviesheets <image image= would get a bg="1"

KAD

Yes I understand STD mode. regular villa background, showing your folder thumbs. Then entering your folder thumb will show the moviesheet.
I am using the template above provided from the sapphire theme for MS+
So every folder thumb when scrolled on (I have the 2 second delay so it doesn'tslowdown the cursor movement) will display a folder_sheet backdrop like the image i posted above. Then when entering the movie folder you see the regular moviesheet as well. It looks fantastic,but wanted to see if there are any other options? Or at the very least any other moviesheet transparent templates?
perfectdark
n00b

Postby recliq » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:38 am

I haven't seen any templates for MS+ except the ones provided with the themes for MS+.
Discuss this with markster or adjust existing templates to fit your needs but this has nothing to do with WDLXTV and the 'normal' moviesheets.

Handling .png as sheets on WDTV is a pain because of the 512k size limit of dmaosd for images.
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby KAD » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:39 am

the moviesheet is not actually transparent

it's some different xml elements used by the moviesheet+ plugin that is showing the moviesheet behind the thumbs

KAD
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby recliq » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:47 am

Transparent or not, it seems MS+ uses PNG files for these images.
Like I said PNG is problematic in general on WDTV (I experimented a lot with them).
You can do neat tricks and interesting effects but you always have to cope with the problem to get the PNG size below 512k and for some images it's just impossible without reducing the size (pixels) of the image.
This is due to the fact that PNG is a lossless compression (unlike JPEG) so you can't just say 'make the image smaller in filesize even if it looks worse' (which you can with JPEG).
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Next

Return to Movie Sheet Templates