Process Files/Folders problem

Support forum for the great ThumbGen software

Process Files/Folders problem   

Postby tarfen » Sat May 16, 2015 5:34 am

I don't know if there is another topic with the same problem as I am experiencing. Couldn't find any tho.

Thumbgen is almost freezing up when I press "Process files/folders". After 10-15 min a new window pops up, but I can't do anything on it. It just shows "not responding" about 30 minutes or something. And then when I try to process a few movies, it takes about 5 min for each one.

I just moved apartment, and I am using a wireless repeater to connect my computer and my tvix-box. Could that be it? because before I was connected directly through the router and the "process files/folder" button was the only thing that was slow, which took a minute or 2, which I could live with.
tarfen
n00b

Re: Process Files/Folders problem   

Postby tarfen » Tue May 19, 2015 12:19 pm

anyone?
tarfen
n00b

Postby kroetkroet » Tue May 19, 2015 11:34 pm

Hello there,

my own experience confirms your statement: thumbgen & wireless is a no-go, wired goes 10x faster. But 15' is flabbergasting long - what kind of pc are you using? 486SX with 256kB ram? :lol:
WDLXTV-fan! - In case you need further assistance: read our WIKI, search our Forum and most of all: donate 'something' to b-rad for his great efforts!!!
kroetkroet
Beta Tester

Postby tarfen » Fri May 22, 2015 2:52 pm

HAHA funny guy!!
I am wired, not wireless. But it is through a repeater, which connects to the internet wirelessly, and not directly through the router.
Luckily I will move to my own apartment within a year or so, with my own internet ;)
tarfen
n00b

Return to ThumbGen