[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
IMDB Data Incomplete for TV Shows

IMDB Data Incomplete for TV Shows

Support forum for the great ThumbGen software

Re: IMDB Data Incomplete for TV Shows   

Postby thumbgen » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:40 am

Yeah, I'll take a look...

If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee
thumbgen
Developer

Postby czech_boi » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:55 pm

czech_boi
WDTVer

Postby thumbgen » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:02 am

Yup, I think I fixed it... will publish an update this evening...

thumbgen
Developer

Postby thumbgen » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:35 pm

1.3.4.0 is out (via autoupdate). Pls test it a bit, I had no time for proper testing :(

thumbgen
Developer

Postby thomfam » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:07 pm

1.3.4.0 "seems" to be working OK. I have only tried a couple so far (Elementary S1E16 being one) and it was OK.

I also tried the documentary 'Murder On The Victorian Railway' which is so new it didn't appear on TVDB yet. I had to manually add all the info and found the Actors didn't show on the screen despite everything looking OK on the .xml sheet. I did it again and renamed the file 'Murder On The Victorian Railway S1E1', added all the info manually and this time everything showed fine.

I will continue to keep an eye on 1.3.4.0 and provide feedback.
thomfam
WDTVer

Postby czech_boi » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:39 pm

ok so tried it out and noticed a couple of things.

1 - Guest stars information is not being pulled (not even sure if it should be doing this)
2 - Writer credits are not being pulled
3 - Seems the Director Credit is pulling the first writer credit and therefore the director is incorrect.

I tested this by viewing the IMDB page for Bob's Burgers episode 14 Season 3 "Lindapendent Woman" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2677612/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_wr#writers

Same thing occurs with The Simpsons Season 24 episode 13 "Hardly Kirk-ing". On IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2710778/ Matt Groening is listed as the first writer on the page but is listed as the director however Matthew Nastuk is the writer for this episode. There are two writing credits for Tom Gammill and Max Pross. I have tried to explain with screen shots

http://postimage.org/image/ahls92qbr
http://postimage.org/image/6v1q7hr1p/
czech_boi
WDTVer

Postby thomfam » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:37 pm

3 - Seems the Director Credit is pulling the first writer credit and therefore the director is incorrect.

I just did Elementary S1E17 and the Director came up as Seth Martin. Wikipedia has him as the writer of the Teleplay.
thomfam
WDTVer

Postby czech_boi » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:55 pm

czech_boi
WDTVer

Postby thumbgen » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:58 am

Ok, I'll pull the Director from IMDb and write it to my Director tag. Writer I don't care :)

Guest stars are not pulled, just normal Cast. Interesting is why do I need to get this from imdb...normally the info should come from TVDb... seems something changed there and I am automatically falling back to Imdb :(

thumbgen
Developer

Postby thumbgen » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:30 am

Ok, made my own testing.

- Writers and guest stars for episodes are returned correctly (when available on thetvdb)
- The Writer/Creator/Director mess for imdb is a bit strange... inside the scraper I get different data compared with what my browser displays (probably due to using akas)... I need to rewrite the collector properly... Unfortunately this won't likely happen for TG 1.x. I guess writer/director is not so important anyway :) :)

thumbgen
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to ThumbGen