ThumbGen Designer - Bugs,wishlist,discussions (v1.0.17)

Support forum for the great ThumbGen software

Re: ThumbGen Designer Beta - Bugs,wishlist,discussions (v1.0   

Postby b-rad.cc » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:23 pm

not to mention his question has nothing to do whatsoever with creating templates. :geek:
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby rgalka » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:04 am

b-rad.cc wrote:not to mention his question has nothing to do whatsoever with creating templates. :geek:

If you are refering to my question; I don't see why you say that. What I want to do is "create" templates for my music collection on the WDTV. I want to create an artist sheet and create an album sheet. I understand that ThumbGen does not currently have support for downloading information for albums, but I use a program for my music collection that does. And this program can export all of my data (artist infor and album info including thumbnails) to XML which as I understand it is the FOOD for ThumbGen to create sheets.

So my question is wether it would be possible to use this data to CREATE templates for Music. And if so I was just asking for a push in the right direction on what I would need to do to to accomplish that.

edit...
Oh and drizzt09 thanks for your reply and the link. I actually have gone thru that thread already, but the last thing that thumbgen said was that yea it's a good idea and he will look at implemting it but that it will probably be a long time from now. He understandably has other things to do. And this is something that I actually bought the WDTV for.

And like I said there already is a program that does all the data collecting, but nothing in it to create sheets... and ThumbGen Designer seems like it has the potential of generating what I want if I can feed it the data from OrangeCD.

Bob
rgalka
Donor

Postby thumbgen » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:06 am

Using the Designer you can create any kind of templates you want... but... you need some app to feed the data (as you correctly noticed). Unfortunately TG is not able to scan/export any music related data :(
If I would implement a public ThumbGen Core library that could be easily integrated in any app able to feed it with some XML and expect some nice images as result. I am more and more considering writing such lib.
Get ThumbGen!
If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee Image
thumbgen
Developer

Postby rgalka » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:51 pm

OK.. so if say I had an XML file with all the album / artist data that I wanted... could I use that to create an artist template and an album template in TGD and then use those templates in TG to generate the artist sheet and the album sheet? The assumption is that all artwork will supplied by me.

Is the limitation the metadata file? Is all the metadata predefined by TG? Is there such a thing as user defined metadata?

Can you give me a definate yes or no wether what I asked is possible today? If so can you give me bullet list of what I would need to have and do to accomplish it?

Thanks for all you help.

Bob
rgalka
Donor

Postby thumbgen » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:23 am

No, it is not possible to use TG to generate music sheets. TG works with a predefined set of tokens that are targeting movies/tvshows.
Get ThumbGen!
thumbgen
Developer

Postby rgalka » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:59 am

Thank you very much for clarifying that.

I now await patiently for your inclusion of the music side of the WDTV device.

BTW for a look at a program that does a fairly good job at gathering data for music take a look at OrangdCD at http://www.firetongue.com
You can get a 30day free fully functional download.

And of course Tag&Rename. For populating tag info in music files from the internet.

Thanks again for your help.

Bob
rgalka
Donor

Postby shagartt71 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:07 am

I would just like to say a big thank YOU Thumbgen for creating such a brilliant program. I will be donating in due course and hope that everyone who uses these porgrams do too, you clearly deserve it.
shagartt71
n00b

Postby jsox79 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:23 pm

Sorry if i missed this, is there a how to wiki for this.
im wondering how to use the tokens feature. im generally pretty good at looking at the structure of something, seeing how it is put together and then creating or modifying it via what i have learned. BUT when i look at the current options on the default template (as im playing round before making something fresh) i dont see how it is grabbing the actual pic and then overlaying it on the line.png. i see the other elements, and they use line.png as the base image but, i dont see where its assigning the variable to.
example
resolution
audio codec
its just line.png, with no other definitions on the properties tab
i see that there are variables for other things, %aspectratio% and so on and so forth. im sorry if i missed this somewhere in this thread, but thank you for your time and response in advance!
jsox79
Donor

Postby thumbgen » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:27 am

The tokens inside the template get replaced at runtime by TG (during rendering) with the real values (if this is what you asked)
In the Designer/Tokens area you define some sample values for tokens to be able to design the template using some real data.
Get ThumbGen!
thumbgen
Developer

Postby playdada » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:22 am

is it possibly to import collectors in thumbgen?
I would really like to get my movie info from http://www.scope.dk/film

kind regards
playdada
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to ThumbGen