ThumbGen Designer - Bugs,wishlist,discussions (v1.0.17)

Support forum for the great ThumbGen software

Re: ThumbGen Designer Beta - Bugs,wishlist,discussions (v1.0   

Postby Jimble » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:06 am

Hey Thumbgen.

Just thought i'd drop by and say thanks for your work on the TG Designer... I downloaded the latest version and started having a little play around yesterday. So far I have to say it's a big improvement on the TVixie editor that i had been using before. Much more usable.

The scale tool is very useful and the ability to cut and paste is fantastic. One thing I was wondering, can the scale tool keep proportions, if you hold shift or something? so if I want to scale an image box it doesn't get distorted. Another really useful thing I found was the align tools.

I was editing a previous template, not starting from scratch. I'm going to keep on having a mess around this week. So if i have any brainwaves or ideas for improvement I'll let you know.

EDIT: just read your coments on keeping items in proportion on your TODO list (first page). thanks
Jimble
Donor

Postby bg1 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:24 am

Just got the new update and I really appreciate the added Export image feature that I requested. Thanks again for the great work! :D
bg1
n00b

Postby firetix » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:43 am

When trying to open a theme, i'm getting this error:

firetix
WDTVer

Postby thumbgen » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:22 am

Some referenced image cannot be found...
Get ThumbGen!
If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee Image
thumbgen
Developer

Postby Rorscach » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:06 am

It's getting to be a really sharp program now Thumbgen.
The only thing missing for me of huge importance is the undo function, but I note that you're currently trying to do something about that..
I still have to manually add additional fonts via a text editor as they don't all show up in the drop down menu.
Rorscach
DLX'er

Postby thumbgen » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:52 am

Yes, some fonts make problems (OpenType vs TTF). I am a bit out of time these weeks but I hope soon I can have that undo/redo thing working :(
Get ThumbGen!
If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee Image
thumbgen
Developer

Postby Aldebaran78 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:39 am

Hi Thumbgen.
I recently had occasion to appreciate your software, and I already have a request for you :oops: ....
As for text alignment, you could add the "justified" function?

Thank you for your wonderful work :D .
Aldebaran78
n00b

Re: Custom Text on top of Movie Covers   

Postby meathook » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:50 am

Is it possible to add an option, in the cover mini window, to manually enter and position text on a movie cover so it will become part of the image when generated?
That way, we could localize English-only covers to our native language and it would be so much easier and nicer to see in Wall View.

What do you think?
meathook
n00b

Postby rgalka » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:54 am

Hi.. thanks for this tool... I am new to the program... so if there is a better place for my questions just let me know.

I have a WDTV Live Plus with with wdlxtv loaded up to use moviesheets. I wanted to try creating some templates for my music collection and I see that data needs to come from XML files. ThumbGen of course is the source for movie data, but no link to music source data.

I use a program called OrangeCD for my music collection that imports all the relevant data from the internet and extra data can be manually input. It can then has an XML export function for all (well most) of the data.

Could something like this be used for source data for artist / album data in TG Designer? (I know you would probably have to examine the data to give a definate answer)

I also know that this is still beta and there isn't documentaion or a developer's guide.. but if yes what would I have to do to implement this? For example something like album track information that would have a variable number of tracks.. how would I handle that?

Thanks for any help or a pointer to somewhere this has already been discussed.

Bob
rgalka
Donor

Postby drizzt09 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:19 pm

rgalka wrote:
Thanks for any help or a pointer to somewhere this has already been discussed.

Bob

try here http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2108
drizzt09
WDTVer

PreviousNext

Return to ThumbGen