Bugs

Support forum for the great ThumbGen software

Re: Bugs   

Postby thomfam » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:04 pm

Not looking good for a fix.

The Thumbgen website is down "Account Cancelled" and neither my lite nor full versions can check for an update.
thomfam
WDTVer

Postby mad_ady » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:00 pm

Just a friendly reminder - Thumbgen has released the code open source - it's available here: http://thumbgen.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest

It's written in C#, but if you know java, it should be easy to follow. I don't know his git push policy, but you can download a copy of the source code, fix some bugs (e.g. implement IMDB api v3) and recompile it and distribute it.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby thomfam » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:11 pm

mad_ady wrote:It's written in C#, but if you know java, it should be easy to follow.

I would love to have the where with all to do it. But unfortunately I don't.

We are on the lookout for someone who can (and hopefully sooner rather than later if possible).
thomfam
WDTVer

Postby mad_ady » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:51 pm

I think thumbgen has been used to generate sheets for other platforms as well. You can search around in avforums for instance, and see if somebody there picked it up or is interested in making those changes.

I personally can't help you because of my lack of time (and I haven't used thumbgen), sorry. But having a need to do something will generally motivate the right people and you should see the changes implemented. The key is to have a critical mass of users all wanting the same thing (so you have better chances to find a skilled person who can make the changes).

Good luck!
mad_ady
Developer

Postby thomfam » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:18 pm

Thanks for the advice. I have left a thread on avsForums on the issue and hopefully someone can pick it up.
thomfam
WDTVer

Postby elroid » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:34 pm

Hello, I write from Spain, and I am translating with google. I have a problem with a ThumbGen when generating synopsis.
The problem is I can not update the information of the movie with the script is to use filmaffinity.es
If anyone can help me I would appreciate.
A greeting.
elroid
n00b

Postby nickwpearce » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:50 pm

Sorry ThumbGen isn't supported anymore, we are waiting for someone to hopefully take over...

its only going to get worse and worse as time goes on with things that dont work
nickwpearce
WDTVer

Postby elroid » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:48 am

Ok .
And there are some other programs that do the same as the ThumbGen . Because I have movies I want to do and not moviesheet program that can do them.
Thank you .
elroid
n00b

Postby thomfam » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:51 pm

elroid wrote:Ok .
And there are some other programs that do the same as the ThumbGen.

What other programs do you know which easily supply the information like ThumbGem does? I do lots of TV Shows rather than Movies.

At last check, Movies and ThumbGen were working OK.

Thanks in anticipation!
thomfam
WDTVer

Postby mad_ady » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:18 pm

I can recommend SheetMaker - http://bunyipawonga.org/sheetmaker/downloads.php, but it's currently for Linux/MacOS...
mad_ady
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to ThumbGen