Bugs

Support forum for the great ThumbGen software

Re: Bugs   

Postby jeffrx » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:12 pm

Got a crash w/ movie Europa Report (2013) using TG 1.3.9.2 w/ the themoviedb collector.
jeffrx
n00b

Postby leetwanker » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:27 am

Hey Thumbgen. These are some great programs you've put out. =)

I think I found a bug in Thumbgen and/or Designer. I think it's more likely it's in Thumbgen. When Designer saves a template it renames all the "Seperator" lines to "Separator". In correcting the spelling error it's breaking the scripts. I think Thumbgen may need to be updated to use either one? Anyway, I was tearing my hair out for a while there tracking this down but it's an easy fix now. Just have to go into the .xml manually after saving in Designer to fix.

Code: Select all
<Studios Seperator=", " MaximumValues="5" />
gets changed to
<Studios Separator="" MaximumValues="5" ImagesFolder="" DefaultImage="" />
1.02.21_V.WDLXTV_LIVE-0.5.2.0
leetwanker
DLX'er

Postby thomfam » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:05 pm

I am finding the same information is currently missing from each and every movie sheet for a TV show episode I have recently processed. I am missing the Genre, the Cast, the Company and the rating. For the last dozen or so movie sheets I have had to manually enter this information.

I have the latest version of Thumbgen. When I visit the page for a particular episode on the TVDB website I notice the info is missing from there as well which makes me think it is a TVDB initiated problem. Has anyone any ideas?
thomfam
WDTVer

Postby lstar337 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:22 am

Yeah I'm getting the same.

No cast, genre, company, or countries.

I can't tell which fields are scraped from which provider so it is hard to tell if this is an imdb or tvdb issue.
lstar337
WDTVer

Postby lstar337 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:24 am

leetwanker wrote:Hey Thumbgen. These are some great programs you've put out. =)

I think I found a bug in Thumbgen and/or Designer. I think it's more likely it's in Thumbgen. When Designer saves a template it renames all the "Seperator" lines to "Separator". In correcting the spelling error it's breaking the scripts. I think Thumbgen may need to be updated to use either one? Anyway, I was tearing my hair out for a while there tracking this down but it's an easy fix now. Just have to go into the .xml manually after saving in Designer to fix.

Code: Select all
<Studios Seperator=", " MaximumValues="5" />
gets changed to
<Studios Separator="" MaximumValues="5" ImagesFolder="" DefaultImage="" />
I remember that old gem!
Tore my hair out over that too. Pain in the bum when you have about 40 template iterations to correct! :D
lstar337
WDTVer

Postby thomfam » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:33 pm

lstar337 wrote:Yeah I'm getting the same.

No cast, genre, company, or countries.

I can't tell which fields are scraped from which provider so it is hard to tell if this is an imdb or tvdb issue.

Thanks mate for posting! I thought it was just me. I have posted this query on a few Forums without a response. Hopefully Thumbgen will get to see these posts and check it out.

It continues to work fine for Movies which leads me to think it is more to do with TVDB?
thomfam
WDTVer

Postby lstar337 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:08 am

thomfam wrote:It continues to work fine for Movies which leads me to think it is more to do with TVDB?
Yeah, movies are fine for me too.

Have you had a look on the tvdb forum to see if they are having api issues?

I'm not sure the fields concerned are all scraped from tvdb, i'm sure some of them are from imdb.

Hopefully thumbgen will be able to clear this up soon.
lstar337
WDTVer

Postby czech_boi » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:50 pm

Just to confirm the same issue.

This appears to be a problem with the IMDB scraper. They may have changed how their API presents the data.

Unfortunately I have not heard from Thumbgen in a while, but now that it is open source, maybe a smart member can repair it
czech_boi
WDTVer

Postby lstar337 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:12 am

czech_boi wrote:Just to confirm the same issue.

This appears to be a problem with the IMDB scraper. They may have changed how their API presents the data.

Unfortunately I have not heard from Thumbgen in a while, but now that it is open source, maybe a smart member can repair it
I'm not sure Thumbgen uses an API for IMDB as you have to pay a subscription for it. I remember in the old days that Thumbgen expressed a desire to move away from IMDB entirely.

It's a shame the scrapers are not external xml types that can be rewritten externally whenever something like this happens. I had some old TV software that used this method for scraping TV Guide sites. When the scraper stopped working you just got a new one. It was always quick because multiple people could write them for any piece of software.

I hope thumbgen is still out there somewhere.
lstar337
WDTVer

Postby nickwpearce » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:01 pm

Hope someone can fix this annoying bug with actors and guess stars missing

cheers!
nickwpearce
WDTVer

PreviousNext

Return to ThumbGen