Bugs

Support forum for the great ThumbGen software

Re: Bugs   

Postby Dark_Wizard » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:41 am

thumbgen wrote:Thanks a lot for the tests! For sure we'll crush the bug down (if not in the next version, that will have more logs in that area) for sure in the upcoming one.

I'll try via remotedestop too... thanks for the tip!

PS: 430 sheets with "multicore" on I would say means: feature tested :D Was the abort button visible? Have u seen up to 2 movies being processed in the same time?

The abort button was visible. Yes, I saw 2 movies processed on both machines couldn't see more than that on the i7 as the screen is greyed out but it is much, much faster than prior versions. Congrats on squashing that bug! Make sure it is a headless server when doing a remote, I should have tested it remotely with monitor, keyboard and mouse hooked up but I just put the server back and not into redoing that again.

I feel the issue as seen by the log and the screenshot is something to do with the mouse and a headless server....I checked MSDN and didn't find anything yet but you may want to post there and see if anyone has that issue.

PS: The 430 sheets was processed in under 2 mins.....didn't time it but it was ==fast.
Dark_Wizard
WDTVer

Postby thumbgen » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:57 am

Dark_Wizard wrote:PS: The 430 sheets was processed in under 2 mins.....didn't time it but it was ==fast.

:shock: :shock: Are you sure there were sheets generated??? :D For me it would take half an hour minimum :(
Get ThumbGen!
If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee Image
thumbgen
Developer

Postby Dark_Wizard » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:25 am

thumbgen wrote:
Dark_Wizard wrote:PS: The 430 sheets was processed in under 2 mins.....didn't time it but it was ==fast.

:shock: :shock: Are you sure there were sheets generated??? :D For me it would take half an hour minimum :(

Oops...just realized I missed a zero, should have read 20mins...sorry, don't forget I ran this on a i7 Quad Core with 6gb RAM....
Dark_Wizard
WDTVer

Postby thumbgen » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:32 am

:D 20 mins sounds much better. Anyway I am glad u did those tests; and I am sure using the "multicore on" on a multicore machine brings some performance improvements.
Get ThumbGen!
thumbgen
Developer

Postby Dark_Wizard » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:10 am

thumbgen wrote::D 20 mins sounds much better. Anyway I am glad u did those tests; and I am sure using the "multicore on" on a multicore machine brings some performance improvements.

Some? It was a huge difference...very happy! If you can get the profiles piece going you will make a lot of people very, very happy! :)
Dark_Wizard
WDTVer

Postby Buhric » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:36 pm

quick question....
Is there a maximum number of movies that ThumbGen can process at one time ?

I've Selected my main movie folder that is located in my NAS drive (DNS-323)
Theres about 465 different movies in there...
And I selected to generate the "extra" sheet only from metadata
It starts fine, I can see all the movies files in the main windows, and I can see that its processing multiple movies at the same time and everything seams fine.

But after a couple of minutes, It just stops.... theres a bunch of green checks... a couple of skips becasue missing metadata (not done yet) and then theres a bunch of ?...

It still says "Collecting movies..." at the bottom but the apps seams to be death in the water... not frozen just like if it was "done"
and I ran it twice... and both times it had only processes 406 movies (including skips)

I reran ThumbGen on the Movies that where no processed previously, and now the screen was a bit different...
theres a "processing" msg on screen... I can't scroll the main window to view the files...
and it completes the 59 files remaining... actualy says "Done" in the bottom left corner...

EDIT:
Forgot to mention that I get an error at start when I select all files... something about not behing able to find the picture....
not sure exactly for wich Movie... but all sheets seams ok... will need to verify them one by one tomorow...
Buhric
Global Moderator

Postby thumbgen » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:16 pm

Send me log.txt after it hangs... or try to disable multicore support. Without log I am clueless...

There's no limit on number of files being processed.
Get ThumbGen!
thumbgen
Developer

Postby zoeloe » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:54 pm

Sorry from sort of crossposting this, although it's not a Thumbgen bug, maybe it could be a feature to work around a current bug in b-rad firmware where some sheets don't display.

The original post http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=188&start=10#p1485

Where I'm guessing that a 512K limit for jpg's is maybe the cause.

my 2 cents.

Just an idea
zoeloe
n00b

Postby thumbgen » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:00 am

Limit the filesize in TG and that's it :)
Get ThumbGen!
thumbgen
Developer

Postby zoeloe » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:35 am

Thanks for the pointer thumbgen, found it in the TG Moviesheet properties where you have to deselect the Max file size checkbox in order to get a textbox for entering the filesize in bytes.

Will test with a (512 * 1024) - 2 bytes filesize limit and post my findings here.

Thanks
zoeloe
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to ThumbGen