Bugs

Support forum for the great ThumbGen software

Bugs   

Postby thumbgen » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:05 am

Please post anything related to the bugs here.

You can also use the Report bug/wish tracker at http://thumbgen.lighthouseapp.com but maybe you want to get some comment first here. It's up to you. Doesn't matter where you report it I'll catch it ;)
Get ThumbGen!
If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee Image
thumbgen
Developer

Re: Bugs   

Postby NoSubstitute » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:03 pm

There is No Substitute!
NoSubstitute
Beta Tester

Postby thumbgen » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:57 pm

Great. Thx
Get ThumbGen!
thumbgen
Developer

Postby 1errr » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:10 am

Hi,

I'm mapping a location on my NAS to a Windows drive but when I access that drive from within Thumbgen, the folders inside are NOT listed in an alphabetical order, thus finding a certain folder becomes a very nasty job.

Can this be fixed in any way? Thanks!
1errr
n00b

Postby thumbgen » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:43 am

Hm, currently I don't think (remember) if I do some sorting there or I just display them as coming from the operating system. Sure I can add some sorting there if it is not (I see them alphabetically sorted).
Get ThumbGen!
thumbgen
Developer

Postby 1errr » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:09 am

This bug probably is related to the mapping (I didn't try it on a genuine Windows folder yet, but I'll do it when I'll get home and report back).
1errr
n00b

Postby Socram » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:33 pm

Hi,

I'm having a weird problem here.
Every time I want to create moviesheets for my movies/series with ThumbGen, I get a file not found error, whether the movie file is on the local drive or on my WDTV HDD (via netshare, preferred way).
Granting administrator privileges for ThumbGen won't help, as well as the Automatic Mode, with which I don't get exact two errors (one for each moviesheet) but rather about 20-40.
The error looks like this:

Translation: "The file "C:\Users\Der Sven\AppData\Local\Temp\[...] could not be found".
But: Both moviesheets are created in exact this folder! The only problem seems to be... they are created with a completely different hexagonal filename than in the errormessage.
My path is actually named "C:\Benutzer\...", but normally Windows translates into this when called with "C:\Users\..."

What could I be doing wrong? Thumbnail, folder.jpg and .nfo are being created without an error, btw.
Socram
DLX'er

Postby thumbgen » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:21 pm

Please send me at thumbgen [at] googlemail.com a log.txt file after you got some of these errors. Thx
Get ThumbGen!
thumbgen
Developer

Postby Socram » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:34 pm

You got email.

But I think it won't help a lot... the only error displayed is "[CreateThumbnailImage] Got size: False", which would indicate a problem with the Thumbnails. So I deactivated the creation of them and startet the process again. After that the thumbnail size error disappears, but the file not found error still remains and is not displayed in the log :(

Edit: Lol okay, I found my mistake. In my twisted brain I thought ThumbGen would already have a template as default and selected... but it doesn't. After downloading a template pack and using "AoenBasicInfo" the sheets are created without an error.

But another question: What are those F1, F2 and F3 buttons for? I know they are for fanart, but clicking them doesn't seem to change anything?
Socram
DLX'er

Postby thumbgen » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:30 am

Hurray!!!

You helped me find one of the most stupid bugs... you are not the only one reporting that "cannot find file...".... the problem of all users reporting that is that they don't have a template :)
I will add a default template in the next releases to avoid such misunderstandings ;)

The F1/F3 buttons behave similar with the "green-check" and they select the current image as Fanart1/2/3 to be used in a template that supports it (ie. having %FANARTx% tokens inside).

Keep the mouse over the GUI elements in ThumbGen and you'll get almost always a tooltip explaining what the element does.

Glad we sorted this problem out :geek:
Get ThumbGen!
thumbgen
Developer

Next

Return to ThumbGen