Tips, tricks and HOW-TO

Support forum for the great ThumbGen software

Re: Tips, tricks and HOW-TO   

Postby thumbgen » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:49 am

There is no chance to have a higher rate of getting a cover in a specific language. Sorry :(
Get ThumbGen!
If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee Image
thumbgen
Developer

Postby dejavu007 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:39 am

Thumbgen, good to see that you are back again, could you help me with my earlier query regarding playlists? Thank you :).
dejavu007
WDTVer

Postby hobbitjack » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:26 am

No worries, thanks for the reply.
hobbitjack
Donor

Postby fs3 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:41 am

I am using Moviesheets + and need to generate 2 sets of sheets.Main and Spare
One of transparents .png) and one of .jpg. Other than doing this in manual mode , which is the way I've been doing it , can i let Thumbgen do one pass generating the .jpg's then go back later and set up the .png sheets then allow Thumbgen to go thru the second time generating only the transparents?

i tried this and it worked somewhat but most sheets ended up with either a different top or bottom from one another. Any suggestions on how to do this and create both parts using the same background aside from generating each one manually?
fs3
n00b

Postby michaelga67 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:47 pm

how should i configure thumbgen if i want to generate a second sheet to show when i click on my second thumb under my film i have selected. i have a folder with my films in it and when i browse i can see my first thumb and sheet which is for eg rango.mkv_sheet but when i select my film i see only spare thumb and not my second sheet which is named rango,mkv_sheet.sheet so how do i have second sheet showing do i have thumbgen config wrong and if so what should my settings be so i see folder jpeg/movie sheet and then see second sheet and spare thumb yes my sheets are under 500kb and in web config i have all turned on including linksheets my firmware is 1.04.05.1.1 :?: :?:
michaelga67
WDTVer

Postby andyclark » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:52 am

Hi,
I have been using Thumbgen for some time now and it has never failed to amaze me how someone can come up with something that just works! :D

I have now added another WD box to the collection, but this time it is the WDTV SMP (the new one) and that seems to do things a little different to the modded WDTV Live that I already owned.
My question is this;
Is there a way I can generate thumbs/moviesheets etc that will work for both boxes without having to create them in one Thumbgen profile and then in another profile please?

I hope that makes some sense.

Andy.
andyclark
n00b

Postby thumbgen » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:24 am

I guess the simplest way is to use 2 profiles and generate different results based on the same .tgmd files (will be quite fast). I don't know the new Live but I assume it has the new interface (the one from Hub). Therefore a different output is needed (both .xml and moviesheets).
Get ThumbGen!
If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee Image
thumbgen
Developer

Postby just2011 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:28 am

andyclark wrote:this time it is the WDTV SMP (the new one) and that seems to do things a little different

Hi Andy would you be able to advise me what files I need to get moviesheets working on in SMP properly? Currently when using thumbgen I get quite a number of files generated eg:

video.mkv.tgmd
video.xml
video_sheet.jpg

is this right?
just2011
n00b

Postby chip » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:55 pm

I run multiple playback devices and prefer different folder items.
For the wdtv live plus I want to use the folder.jpg.
For my HTPC I want to use the folder.png file which I can force.

Is there a way to force folder.jpg for the wd?

Also did I miss anything on my cleanup -
thumbnails themselves are stored in /tmp/cache/ and folder named ".wdtv" at the root of each shared drive. I cleaned these up and rebooted but I get some folders with folder.jpg and some with folder.png.
chip
n00b

Postby pityrules » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:47 pm

thumbgen wrote:The filter was added in v1.2.6

Awesome feature, a real time-saver!
pityrules
WDTVer

PreviousNext

Return to ThumbGen