Tips, tricks and HOW-TO

Support forum for the great ThumbGen software

Re: Tips, tricks and HOW-TO   

Postby eliosh » Sun May 15, 2011 1:56 am

thumbgen wrote:Then we need a new filter: "without .tgmd files" :)

Yes, I'd like it soooo much.
Thanks a lot !
;)
eliosh
WDTVer

Postby thumbgen » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:28 pm

The filter was added in v1.2.6
Get ThumbGen!
If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee Image
thumbgen
Developer

Postby dejavu007 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:35 am

Thumbgen, I used TG to create a playlist of movies i chose from various folders, I now see that the playlist created, shows just movies in one particular folder, and has not included the other chosen movies from other folders, am i doing something wrong, or is this a constraint? Thank you.
dejavu007
WDTVer

Postby dejavu007 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:04 am

Thumbgen, another quick question, when i find no backdrops using the collectors, and want to choose one from a folder, it takes quite a long time to get it, is there a way to make it quicker?
dejavu007
WDTVer

Postby dejavu007 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:31 am

Thumbgen, for some reason, TG on my system now works faster than before :). I am just thinking aloud, but I was wondering, that it would be nice if thumbgen could work straight out of the WD TV LIVE box :). Just imagine, you are browsing through the movies on your TV, and you could create movie sheets, and download subtitles as you browse :). I know it must be a big challenge, but just thinking aloud :).
dejavu007
WDTVer

Postby mad_ady » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:33 am

Somebody already tried this (I think it was zoster) sometimes last year and made a wdtvext plugin that would grab information from IMDB and draw it along-side the movie list (similar to a wall sheet). But it was somewhat simplistic (no custom backgrounds/fanart) and it was slow. This is mostly why this was abandoned - the wdtv isn't fast enough for this to be usable in real-time...

As for subtitles - you can download them by using SubDownloader or MediaNavigationv4, but you need 1.02 base firmware...
mad_ady
Developer

Postby dejavu007 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:41 am

Hey, thanks for your reply mad_ady. Nice to know someone thought of it earlier. Guess the WD TV Live box is not that powerful to handle it :). The subtitle downloader seems interesting, let me check it out.
dejavu007
WDTVer

Postby dejavu007 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:31 pm

dejavu007 wrote:Thumbgen, I used TG to create a playlist of movies i chose from various folders, I now see that the playlist created, shows just movies in one particular folder, and has not included the other chosen movies from other folders, am i doing something wrong, or is this a constraint? Thank you.

Anyone who can help me here? Thank you.
dejavu007
WDTVer

Postby fs3 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:07 am

I am using Moviesheets + and need to generate 2 sets of sheets.Main and Spare
One of transparents (.png) and one of .jpg. Other than doing this in manual mode , which is the way I've been doing it , can i let Thumbgen do one pass generating the .jpg's then go back later and set up the .png sheets then allow Thumbgen to go thru the second time generating only the transparents?
fs3
n00b

Postby hobbitjack » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:45 am

Any idea how i can get better results using the feeling lucky mode?

It seems 8 times of of 10, it gives me every other language cover art then english. So i have to manually create my movie thumbs and moviesheets manually.

Cheers.
hobbitjack
Donor

PreviousNext

Return to ThumbGen