[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Tips, tricks and HOW-TO

Tips, tricks and HOW-TO

Support forum for the great ThumbGen software

Re: Tips, tricks and HOW-TO   

Postby harpagornis » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:05 am

Someone knows a workaround for multiple cd/dvd movies? I dont see the option in Thumbgen.
harpagornis
n00b

Postby thumbgen » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:56 am

What do u actually need?

Each part from a multipart-movie is processed independently and u get cover/sheets for each movie.

If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee
thumbgen
Developer

Postby Mr. Gadget » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:02 pm

I am trying to import an .nfo file which is populated with 100% accurate information which has been created (exported) by DVDProfiler. However, the .nfo does not have an IMDB "TT" id, nor does it have links to any images (cover, fanart, etc). It does however have a UPC ID.

I would like to keep/maintain the populated fields (Title, original title, runtime, plot, director, actors, comments...) exported by DVDProfiler, but would like Thumbgen to "fill in the blanks" by gathering images, finding unfilled fields and using the details presented. I am trying to streamline the process so I don't need to babysit TG and watch as it tries to "guess" the correct movie. The .nfo has all of the details TG needs to find the proper information, however, it seems when I place the MovieInfo Sources Priority as "My Own info", it ignores everything else. If I change the priority to "My Preferred collector" it ignores the .nfo -- A Lose-Lose situation.

How can I get TG to read the .NFO, accept it, and then go looking for the EXACT movie specified in the .nfo??? I am trying to use the .nfo as a 'seed' to get TG to work on it's own, without (much) user intervention. TG does a great job at placing the fields (Movie, Year, Tagline, Genre, etc) in the Movie information Fields, but it is unable to find the any of the correct images.

I know the .nfo could be seeded with the URL to IMDB with the "TT#", but I don't have this number, I have all the movie details.

What is the best approach at having TG automagically lookup the correct images based upon the .nfo data?

Thx
Mr. Gadget
n00b

Postby thumbgen » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:16 am

DVDProfile format is not supported therefore it is not processed. Simple :)

Anyway without having IMDBId there's no "exact" matching; when no ID then TG does it by applying a matching algorithm for the name-year combination. If there are 2 movies with same name and from same year... then one will lose.

Please post a .nfo sample here so I can see how it looks

thumbgen
Developer

Postby Mr. Gadget » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Mr. Gadget
n00b

Postby thumbgen » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:09 am

Hm. I don't have time to implement import directly from DVDProfiler format but I can maybe adjust something so I can use "incomplete" nfo files.
Can u also provide me a sample of a .nfo that is generated by you? I'll use that file to simulate the behavior u are getting now

thumbgen
Developer

Postby Mr. Gadget » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Mr. Gadget
n00b

Postby thumbgen » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:33 am

I just tried to use a .nfo that has no imdbid inside and it works well (at least with the tmdb.org provider for backdrops). It prompted me to choose correct movie from imdb (detected based on filename) then it loaded the .nfo content as "movie info" filling up missing info from IMDB (as instructed) and I could use the backdrops for the sheet.

thumbgen
Developer

Postby Mr. Gadget » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:55 am

Mr. Gadget
n00b

Postby thumbgen » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:47 am

Basically u want TG to use the moviename/year combination extracted from .nfo (when present) and use that during processing instead of extracting moviename from filename/folder. Right?
I'll try in the next days to get this working (if it's not very complicated given the current structures I have there)

thumbgen
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to ThumbGen