[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Tips, tricks and HOW-TO

Tips, tricks and HOW-TO

Support forum for the great ThumbGen software

Re: Processing TVShows/series   

Postby wantmore » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:12 pm

wantmore
DLX'er

Re: Tips, tricks and HOW-TO   

Postby Socram » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:13 am

Btw, does anyone have a link to a nice looking template for series? The Template Pack posted here has none.
Socram
DLX'er

Postby thumbgen » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:38 am

http://wdtvlive.net is (will be) the Templates Paradise :lol:

If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee
thumbgen
Developer

Bottlenecks during TG usage   

Postby thumbgen » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:56 am

I will enumerate here the potential bottlenecks when using TG (random order):

1. cinemagia.ro collector - very slow most of the time
2. speed of the other collectors (this may vary depending on the server load)
3. using the newly introduced "Preferred collector": this adds extra time as I must query info from it too; when not needed should be disabled via "Options/Moviesheet/Disable preferred collector"
4. by default I try to autopopulate the default moviesheet with cover/background/fanart1/2/3; depending on the speed of the source website this can take some time; when not needed/wanted can be disabled via "Options/Do not autopopulate background/fanarts" switches
5. if the Autorefresh flag for the Moviesheet is checked then 3 sheets are rendered automatically (main, extra and parentfolder sheet); this is very CPU intensive and takes quite a lot of time
6. the latest templates are much more complex using more effects that need much more time (this adds extra load to point 5)

thumbgen
Developer

Postby sjb2003 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:32 pm

Ok just quick question how do you make a sheet with (ex) like batman,avi_sheet.jpg.I try reading how to use l just can't figure it out.Do you this in the program.so far l made a sheet,folder with video inside the folder.But suck on doing other thing with video ext and sheet togther.Thank you for any help.
sjb2003
n00b

Postby thumbgen » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:34 pm

Go to Options/Advanced Settings and at NamingConventions for Moviesheet you have a comprehensive list with a lot of possibilities. Look in the combo and I am sure you'll find what u want ($M\$N$E_sheet)

thumbgen
Developer

Postby Dizzy49 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:32 pm

I have all of my movies in one folder, and I used the $N$E_sheet for the movie sheets and it works great. I don't like having movies in their own folders.

Now I just need to figure out how to get custom folders, and figure out how to make a generic sheet for the folder. Right now it displays the last sheet that I create in the folder as the folder sheet.
Dizzy49
DLX'er

Postby RavRob » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:55 am

If the folder where your movies are located is called say.....Action, call the sheet you want to show for that folder Action_sheet.jpg and that sheet will show when you highlight that folder. I believe the settings in TG would be $M_Sheet.jpg (just trying to remember...I am at work and have no copy of TG in front of me). Beter yet you can likely use the "Parent Folder" feature of TG. That works slick snot on a rooster's lip....LOL
Windows 10
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
RavRob
Supporter

Postby sjb2003 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:01 pm

I am too sure this is the right forum but l have a question I made my sheet using stard mode then before l go to the folder the sheet is in the backaround on menu folder is it the setting using in wdlxtv or the program any help would be great.[url][/url]
sjb2003
n00b

Postby BRAY IS BEST » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:57 pm

I dunno if this is the best place to post this, or if it has already been posted but if it isn't then mods can move it....

If you have TV series that you have "acquired" and the files are named differently or a file is named badly then use SmartRename to rename all your files before you lash them into TG.

For example:
House MD - [1x1] - Pilot - DivX_BEST_PIRATE_UPLOADERS_ON_THE_WEB-ac3_eztv.avi
Becomes:
House - 1x01 - Pilot.avi

I've just discovered it and it's -really good.
BTW I have no affiliation to said software. I just thought it was handy.
BRAY IS BEST
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to ThumbGen