Tutorials - Help others understand ThumbGen

Support forum for the great ThumbGen software

Re: Tutorials - Help others understand ThumbGen   

Postby derwildemann » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:46 am

I wonder if there's a tutorial in pdf or similar (but not a video clip) with all the keywords and tags used in the template.xml files. I pretty much modified the template.xml files to match my needs but I still have issues.

How can I specify the folder from which I'd like to upload a background based on the previous choice in 'process files/folders'? I always load my backgrounds, fanart 1 and 3 from the folder that contains the series episodes. They are named as BGND.jpg, fanart1.jpg and fanart3.jpg.

Rather than wasting time clicking on 'load backdrop from disk' 3 times for each episode, I already modified my template to load it from the template folder by changing i.e. '%FANART1%' to '%PATH \..\fanart1.jpg', however I have to always place the files there first. How would I need to modify the term '%PATH \..\fanart1.jpg' in order to retrieve the image 'fanart1.jpg' directly from the folder that I'm processing rather than from the template folder?

Another issue is that the episode date is only correct (dd.MM.yyyy) if the day is greater than 12. In case the day is less or equal to 12 the date is presented in the format MM.dd.yyyy.
derwildemann
DLX'er

Postby recliq » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:58 pm

­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby thumbgen » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:02 am

derwildemann wrote: retrieve the image 'fanart1.jpg' directly from the folder that I'm processing rather than from the template folder?

%MOVIEFOLDER%\fanart1.jpg

Another issue is that the episode date is only correct (dd.MM.yyyy) if the day is greater than 12. In case the day is less or equal to 12 the date is presented in the format MM.dd.yyyy.

Mneah, processing the date is buggy, I have to spend some time fixing it, thanks for reminding me :(
Get ThumbGen!
If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee Image
thumbgen
Developer

Postby thumbgen » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:02 am

thumbgen wrote:
derwildemann wrote: retrieve the image 'fanart1.jpg' directly from the folder that I'm processing rather than from the template folder?

%MOVIEFOLDER%\fanart1.jpg

Mneah, processing the date is buggy, I have to spend some time fixing it, thanks for reminding me :(

Get ThumbGen!
If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee Image
thumbgen
Developer

Postby DonnieG » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:18 pm

is there a template for nfo/XML files???

is there a editor which transfers my description in thsis format?
DonnieG
n00b

Postby recliq » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:39 am

Take any movie, get info from inet and save the .nfo
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Previous

Return to ThumbGen