Page 1 of 4

livestreamer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:53 am
by sorb
Is it possible to get the livestreamer for wdlxtv

https://livestreamer.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

Re: livestreamer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:44 am
by mad_ady
Probably not impossible, but unlikely to be very useful. There are several reasons why:
1. It's built in python and wdlxtv doesn't have python support
2. It's difficult to find a suitable format to pipe into wdtv's playback engine. Especially for streams! The playback engine likes to work with files of known size and likes to be able to seek to the begining and end of said files.
3. All streaming experiments so far had to use ffmpeg for transcoding, and this meant a severe performance penalty (<15fps playback)

Re: livestreamer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:09 pm
by sorb
mad_ady wrote:Probably not impossible, but unlikely to be very useful. There are several reasons why:
1. It's built in python and wdlxtv doesn't have python support
2. It's difficult to find a suitable format to pipe into wdtv's playback engine. Especially for streams! The playback engine likes to work with files of known size and likes to be able to seek to the begining and end of said files.
3. All streaming experiments so far had to use ffmpeg for transcoding, and this meant a severe performance penalty (<15fps playback)


Thanks Mad_ady for the prompt response. Actually i need to play this youtube live link in wdtv but not able to find a working solution.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzlopBHLDUg

Is there any way it can be played?

Re: livestreamer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:15 pm
by mad_ady
Well, getting the actual stream url may not be that difficult, but i'm worried the wdtv will not be able to play it. DjArty knows a lot about streaming on the wdtv. You can ask him if his iptv plugin could play that.

Re: livestreamer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:48 am
by KAD
if it's just a youtube video
why not use the official youtube app
or maybe with youtube hd enabled if it's blocked

Re: livestreamer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:23 pm
by mad_ady
It's not a regular video - it's a live stream.

Re: livestreamer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:55 am
by DJArty
I make early some experiments around playing youtube live streams via iptv plugin.
Looks like its possible (something like m3u8 streams).
But i finally don't add it into iptv plugin because dot see peoples interested things like this.

Re: livestreamer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:22 am
by sorb
DJArty wrote:I make early some experiments around playing youtube live streams via iptv plugin.
Looks like its possible (something like m3u8 streams).
But i finally don't add it into iptv plugin because dot see peoples interested things like this.


thanks for the quick response. Can u share the experiment u did with youtube live streams.

Re: livestreamer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:13 pm
by ebo
mad_ady wrote:2. It's difficult to find a suitable format to pipe into wdtv's playback engine. Especially for streams! The playback engine likes to work with files of known size and likes to be able to seek to the begining and end of said files.

This might be apples and oranges, but my Live Plus can play a live stream from my HDHomeRun TV tuner (HDHR4-2US) via DLNA. The HDHR shows up under Media Servers. No Pause, FF or RW, of course.

Re: livestreamer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:26 pm
by DJArty
sorb wrote: Can u share the experiment u did with youtube live streams.

I can add youtube stream support to iptvv3 but first need see its need for many peoples - not only for sorb ;)
(adding new functions into iptv make it more hard and slow - so need massive arguments to add new features)