[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[SOLVED] Bricked SMP

[SOLVED] Bricked SMP

Yes, this is your place to show off. Let us see what you're doing with your device[s]

[SOLVED] Bricked SMP   

Postby Big » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:53 am

Last edited by Big on Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big
Donor

Re: Bricked SMP   

Postby KAD » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:51 am

it's probably not actually bricked
in fact it's well known that invalid xml entries in theme's can cause a boot loop like this, this is true even of stock firmware, so it's not a wdlxtv thing

have you tried to boot stock yet? ie. no thumbdrives attached

it would also be useful to know what you were working on / doing
which led to this activity
If you like my work please consider a Donation.
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions!
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby Big » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:29 am

Naturally I've tried to boot it without any thumbdrives attached - results are exactly the same (WD logo in 1080p).

And yes - you've guessed well. I've been working on new theme and tried to substitute embedded font. I've changed XML with definition (removing old font and uncommenting entries for TTF file) and put TTF file with new font. So I didn't change internal font file but it was removed from XML definition file. Nothing changed after applying new theme - old font was used. So I decided to do reboot. And after reboot this loop happened.

How can I go out of this loop?
Last edited by Big on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big
Donor

Postby KAD » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:27 am

yeah, WD really did a number of this one

since they store the theme on internal storage there's no easy way to remove the offending files

I would definetely try to resolve this without any thumbdrives plugged in - ie on official firmware
it's just one less thing to troubleshoot

as for solutions
you're already on the right track

use the reset button on the bottom, or you can also try and while booting (before you hit the loop point) pull the power cord to see if you can get the device to enter
emergency firmware recovery mode

my only other note on this is once resolved
I would recommend to run your theme's from usb drive while in development
WDLXTV has quite a few ways you can do this
and if something does happen, it's easy to unplug the thumbdrive and remove the problem theme files
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby Big » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:57 am

Good suggestions - thanks!

I've one more idea: File config.patched is created so runsit.sh is executed during boot. Maybe good thing would be to boot with thumbdrive with modified runsit.sh which has command to delete bad file from internal filesystem or simply remove whole font dir from my theme. I think it might work but I need to know exact path where user theme is keeped. Could you provide it for me? Them I'll add simple "rm -rf <path>/font/" to runsit.sh and that should do the trick :-)
Big
Donor

Postby KAD » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:43 pm

KAD
Global Moderator

Postby Big » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:03 pm

Big
Donor

Postby KAD » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:22 pm

KAD
Global Moderator

Postby KAD » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:25 pm

KAD
Global Moderator

Postby Big » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:38 pm

Earlier in runsit.sh there was "umount /usrdata" so it's only needed to comment it :-)

Right now I'm diagnosing whole situation based on idea that I can run any command from runsit.sh :-)

I try to delete theme dir but right now I've realized that maybe simplest method would be to erase also whole configuration :-)
Big
Donor

Next

Return to Look at Me!!!